Re: Nothing is working correctly in Sims 4 :(

by crinrict

Original Post

Nothing is working correctly in Sims 4 :(

★★ Novice

I am getting really frustrated with my Sims 4

After the June patch or Island Living...NOTHING has been working right. Object don't appear ( like diving boards and beach towels... even doors).....my sims ( mostly toddlers ) won't let go of things, so are unable to do ANYTHING......During a storm the sound gets very distorted.....Sims keep switching in and out of clothes.....they wash the dog for 5 hours and can't quit the action.....house structures not showing up or not working.....they freeze....Sims will not do activities 

My biggest frustration comes with my Vampires. I love playing with vampires but now they are  ruined by these glitches or whatever it is. Their energy levels have been very strange.. either going down way to much or not at all.....I can't dark meditate so these brings up problems with training or using any powers. After a certain point they don't progress. they will be stuck on a level of vampire and no matter what is done.... they do not advance. Sometimes my Sim will be burnt up without going outside. 

Every time I play  problems occur ( vampires or not ) that makes me have to quit the game.and restart only for the same stuff to happen.  I didn't pay all this money for a game that doesn't work. I don't use any CC or MODS.

Is there any fix? I am not every well versed in the ins and outs of Sim games but if there is anything that I can try to do I would want to try. Also, does EA ever fix these kinds of issues? I know I am not the only person with a vampire problem.

Sorry long rant...but I never thought my game would be so unplayable after a patch!

Message 1 of 4 (719 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DalShic 

Doors is a known issue with broken Mods.

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 4 (686 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having similar issues which makes the game frustrating and unplayable which is disappointing as I was thinking of buying more expansion packs but there isn't a point if the game isn't working properly. My toddlers won't let go of things so can't do anything. Sims will disappear. Actions can't be cancelled. Dark meditation for vampires isn't working.

Like OP I don't use any CC or MODS.

Message 3 of 4 (674 Views)

Hero
@SashaXP Both are known bugs.

It's best to post in the corresponding threads in the bug forum (or at least click me too if you have nothing else to add

- Toddlers: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Multiple-Toddler-Sims-issues-with-eating-sleeping-stuck/m...
- Meditation: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Dark-Meditation-causes-routing-failure/td-p/7955016/jum...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (651 Views)