Nothing is showing up under my home or under packs after the december 2020 patch

by JaLelele

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nothing is showing up under my home or under packs after the december 2020 patch

★★★★ Novice

Ever since I had to reset my user files, my screen looks like this when I open the game. It's not much of a problem, but I usually get my info about sales when I open the game.  I have city living, seasons, and island living and I also use cc.  I attached a picture of the problem under this.

Message 1 of 8 (555 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nothing is showing up under my home or under packs after the december 2020 p

@JaLelele  I can't tell from the lastexception which mod is the issue, sorry.  You'll need to test manually to find which one, although you could start with anything that changes the UI.  If that doesn't help and you have a lot of mods, try the 50/50 method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Be sure to delete localthumbcache.package after each test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (473 Views)

All Replies

Re: Nothing is showing up under my home or under packs after the december 2020 p

@JaLelele  This is part of the reorganization of the Main Menu, although the part on the left isn't supposed to be blank.  When you reset your user files, did you put anything back into the Sims 4 folder before testing?  If so, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, then load the game, and see what shows up.  You can add back your saves and other content later; the question is whether the Main Menu looks normal without anything in the user folder.

If you still get the blank screen, please try clearing the cache for your default browser, and if that doesn't work, the cache for Internet Explorer.  In either case, be sure NOT to preserve data for favorite sites.  And make sure you remember your passwords, since you'll need them to login again to all the sites you use.  Here's how to clear IE's cache:

https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

Message 2 of 8 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah when I reset my user files, I tested the game before I put my saves and other files back in the folder and everything that's supposed to be there showed up when I tested it but then it didn't show up after I put my saves and other files back in the folder.  I'm kinda wondering if I should just reset my folder again and see what happens but idk.

Message 3 of 8 (500 Views)

@JaLelele  Try the reset again, except this time, add one file or type of file at a time.  For example, you can add the entire contents of the saves or Tray folder at once, but don't add anything else until you test.  When the Main Menu goes blank again, you'll know the issue is whatever you just added back, and you can get rid of that file if it's not essential.

Message 4 of 8 (482 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The blank screen came back up when I added in my mods folder so I went to check the sims 4 folder and there's a last UI exception file so I'm attaching it under a spoiler tag in case it can help. (it won't let me put the file under the post)

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>49f08322e153ddf45fd12200</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2020-12-09 19:15:51</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.69.57.1020-1.200.000.480.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>(AS)widgets.GameEntry.Launcher.controls::LauncherInfoPage</categoryid><desyncid>49f08322e153ddf45fd12200</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>TypeError: Error #1006: SetSliderPosition is not a function.&#13;&#10; at widgets.GameEntry.Launcher.controls::LauncherInfoPage/SetSize()&#13;&#10; at widgets.GameEntry.Launcher.controls::LauncherInfoPanel/SetPage()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controls::GUIComponent/ConfigUI()&#13;&#10; at olympus.controls::GUIComponent/OnAddedToStage()&#13;&#10; at olympus.core::LayoutManager/LoadWidgetCompleteHandler()&#13;&#10;rtim=5920&#13;&#10;Client Session Time: 81.46&#13; &#10;Num Save Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Num Load Errors: 0&#13; &#10;Current Game State: 0x96d01090&#13; &#10;Origin Version: 10,5,90,45798&#13; &#10;Modded: True&#13; &#10;SystemInfo: Windows 10 10.0.19041 GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 igdumdim64.dll 10.18.10.4358, GUID: D7B78E66-4226-11CF-FB62-A1B0B4C2C735&#13; &#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>
Message 5 of 8 (480 Views)

★★★★ Novice

oh, it's fine I thought about it and I think it's UI cheats extension because I looked at the Patreon real quick and it says the broken main screen is fixed. Thanks for the help! Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (474 Views)

@JaLelele  I can't tell from the lastexception which mod is the issue, sorry.  You'll need to test manually to find which one, although you could start with anything that changes the UI.  If that doesn't help and you have a lot of mods, try the 50/50 method:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Finding_Problem_Custom_Content#The_50.25_Method

Be sure to delete localthumbcache.package after each test.

Message 7 of 8 (474 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I figured it out, it was UI cheats extension and the title screen is working now.  Thank you! Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (467 Views)