Re: Not working after 9/12/17 update

by crinrict

Original Post

Not working after 9/12/17 update

★★★ Newbie

I updated the game today and now it will not run. I don't know if it matters but I am using the trial version. I was planning to purchase the full game but now I am afraid to if it isn't working. My trial doesn't run out until 9/13 so that isn't the problem. It was working fine before the update.

Message 1 of 4 (365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue as well and I have the full deluxe version of the game. I even removed every single mod and repaired the game and I still keep getting "The Sims 4 has stopped working" the second it tries to load.

Message 2 of 4 (343 Views)

Hero

Hi @blayd1021 and @lexigirl1228

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@blayd1021 I'm not sure what the issue is, but mine wouldn't launch after the failed update until I quit origin (as pictured), updated & restarted comp, then repaired the sims 4 from the drop down menu on its origin page.

Screenshot_4.png

Message 4 of 4 (278 Views)