Re: Not sure Inventories/Harvestables are fixed after patch: 1.59.73.1020 (PC)

by troshalom

Original Post

Not sure Inventories/Harvestables are fixed after patch: 1.59.73.1020 (PC)

★★★ Guide

I tested whether the harvestables bug was fixed with my test game and yes in that game it was fixed. However, I went to my main save game that I use to Save As when I want to create a new game (this game has all the Sims I created, lots I created or downloaded, and custom clubs). So, when I want to start a fresh game I tend to Save As from this game so I don't have to redo all the lots, create clubs etc. I don't play this game, I just update this save with new lots I create and Sims I create. I always save it and then Save As for a new Sim story I create.

One of the Sims whose farm lot I am enhancing, I had him travel to the Del Sol Valley Urban Farm lot I created that has mature plants to harvest from. I then switched to another household to fix their relationships and then changed back to his lot. I sent him back to his home lot and all but two harvestables made it back. 

Remi_lostItAll.png

This is what he harvested from that community lot.

Remi-Harvested.png

Only two types of harvestables made it back from the 23 he harvested.

So, it doesn't look like this bug is fixed.

I am afraid to go into my other save games as I don't want to continue to lose stuff.

Message 1 of 13 (1,595 Views)

Hero
@troshalom Could you upload your save that still has the issue to google drive or one drive and PM me the link ?

Won't have time today though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (1,582 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictSure thing. How do I PM you. I checked your page and clicked contact me and it gives two choices, add to friends and remove from friends. So I added you as a friend, and I still don't see that PM thing.

Ok, I figured out how to DM you, but I don't have permissions to do that.

cannotsendpm.png

If you DM me I can reply with the link or post it here.

Update: I figured out how to turn on DMs. I sent you the link to two save files.  

Thanks again for your assistance.

Message 3 of 13 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Yeah, definitely problems. I need to be able to play my saved files as well as new games too.

1. Harvested home lot in Newcrest and then traveled to Del Sol Valley

Sims4-12-13-2019-03.png

I had him harvest three alien plants while at his club meeting

Sims4-12-13-2019-02.png

He then went on a date at a restaurant in Newcrest

Sims4-12-13-2019-01.png

Then he went back to his home lot in Newcrest. All of the alien plants are gone.

Sims4-12-13-2019-00.png

I exited the game and I removed all script mods that I had in my game (Church Lot trait, Solar Panel, & Slow Dancing) along with the icemunmun Canning, black plate, and chicken coop mods and the problem persists.

I then switched over to the sim Remi went on a date with and she has the harvestable she collected in Del Sol Valley after she left the lot on the date and then returned home.

2019-12-13_20-24-19.png

I sent her to Del Sol Valley, there was nothing to harvest (I think the club harvested everything left). So, I sent her to Remi's farm to harvest three different plants.

2019-12-13_20-39-26.png

When she got home they all disappeared including the medicine she purchased.

2019-12-13_20-24-19.png

After checking her fridge and seeing the 8 plantains there, these 5 may have been harvested while at her club meeting in Del Sol Valley. But that doesn't explain why the medicine disappeared, she purchased two and took one, so one was left. And why the plants harvested at Remi's farm in Newcrest are missing.

So, I sent her to another lot in Oasis Springs to go fishing:

2019-12-13_21-03-44.png

2019-12-13_21-06-49.png

When she got home, everything disappeared again:

2019-12-13_21-08-49.png

Message 4 of 13 (1,505 Views)

★★★ Guide

I decided to test three additional saves:

1. An older save based on the Base Game for All Games file. This is an alien family that I haven't played. Just saved to play in the future. I sent the father sim to Del Sol Valley to harvest, then to Sulani, and then back home to Oasis Springs. This save loses items in the inventory on travel:

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-04.png

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-03.png

2. A newer save that was saved fresh from the game to Test features and issues in the game. Traveled to Del Sol Valley then home to Windenburg. From Windenburg to Newcrest to Sulani, then back home to Windenburg. Everything in the inventory made it back to the home lot:

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-08.png

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-07.png

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-06.png

3. My newest save created to build brand new lots. This is the save I used in a video and posted to the bug report post for harvestables before the December update 12/12. Before the update it experienced inventory loss. After the update, everything in the inventory made it back to the home lot: 

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-02.png

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-01.png

Sims4--INVENTORY-12-13-2019-00.png

Conclusion: All my previous saved games where I have played a family or single Sim extensively seems like they are still losing items out of their inventory. Even though I do not play the Base Game for All Games save file, I save new lots and Sims I create to this file and do a Save As when I am ready to play a new Sim game.

I currently have five saved files that I am using to record sim stories that I post online. I really need this inventory issue resolved with these older saved files.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 13 (1,488 Views)

Hero
@troshalom I don't think this is the same as the harvestable bug as all collectibles get lost (no matter the quality). I also get lastexceptions when switching to another lot so not sure what is going on in your save.

I'll pass it on but I think you might be seeing this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Items-collected-in-personal-inventory-are/td-p/677...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (1,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictNot sure what I need to do? Are you going to move this over to that post? Do I need to send save files? 😕 confused

BTW, I don't get any last exception errors

Message 7 of 13 (1,404 Views)

Hero
@troshalom It's fine how you did it.

I think it's good to leave your thread separate as it's well documented here what you did.

I already forwarded everything, including your saves.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (1,391 Views)

Games Created before September 2019 lose new inventory items on travel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs except DU. All GPs except Vampires and ROM. SP: bowling, fitness, kids room, laundry day, movie hangout, 1st pet, toddler, vintage glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use one of my saved games that was created before September 2019. Have a Sim travel to a lot to harvest. Have a sim collect an item. Have the sim travel to another lot or home.
What happens when the bug occurs? All new items placed in the Sims inventory disappears when traveling.
What do you expect to see? Everything placed in the Sims inventory to remain there until I remove it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Started after ROM was issued. I did not have this problem August 2019.

This harvestable/inventory issue is fixed for all new saves. All old saves this issue is not resolved. I was hoping that with the January 2020 patch this issue would be fixed, but it is not. 

I cannot play any of my saved games. Not only is it stressful, because I had to rebuild those games after losing everything July 2019. But, 5 of these saved games have been recorded and are part of a sim series. I would like to play the game and enjoy the EPs and GPs I spent quite a bit of money on without this bug.  I did not have this issue before September.

I absolutely love harvesting, fishing and collecting in the game. And that is the main thing that is broken. @SimQARobo please bubble this up so the engineers can fix this. 

Here is my other post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Not-sure-Inventories-Harvestables-are-fixed-after-patc... 

Here are two of my saves:

1. Master save file that I save as from: https://drive.google.com/file/d/131XVeWKkOEpISSjrhWDHXmvAav_b14Oi/view?usp=sharing 

2. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnRq6RxNTKlkjmKIHDe9_lBfzSOXSyLh/view?usp=sharing SimsInventoryIssues__01-17-2020.png

I tested with and without mods.

Message 9 of 13 (1,348 Views)

Re: Games Created before September 2019 lose new inventory items on travel

Community Manager
Hi @troshalom, thanks for creating that report to update things. A quick heads up, I've merged it in with your existing thread on this to help keep the information together vs spread out. Please use this space to continue this discussion. Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 10 of 13 (1,290 Views)