by crinrict

Original Post

Not loading Thumbnail Picture

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamor Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me you go into C.A.S. and edit your sim I have custom content and mods installed (30gb) keep changing your sims appearance to find the right look after a while it should not work. ( Which is weird because it worked before so I took out the mods and custom content and still had the problem)
What happens when the bug occurs? The thumbnail picture will not load and it will be a circle spinning around without the sims head in C.A.S. then when I exit C.A.S. when the bottom picture of your sims hard should be it is gone you cant see anything and on the bottom where you click on your sim that's gone too.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a sims head in C.A.S. and when you go back into your sim household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe it was three patches ago and then my game started to mess up.

SoI have played the sims 4 for over  year and never had this problem before about three patch updates ago my game started to mess up when I go into C.A.S. and try to change my sim the little thumbnail picture on the bottom starts to spin in a circle so then I exit C.A.S. and the thumbnail picture where the sims mood is that is gone also where you click to change your sim that thumbnail picture is gone also in C.A.S. where you see the item that shows the piece of clothing (ect) will not show up it is just blank I do not know what to do to fix this problem 

Message 1 of 5 (2,957 Views)

Re: Not loading Thumbnail Picture

[ Edited ]
Hero

HI @Lilly55656

I'm moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

If this does not help, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,934 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you I will do that
Message 3 of 5 (2,931 Views)

★★★ Novice

That did not work here is the DxDiag 

Message 4 of 5 (2,891 Views)

Hero
As you said the factory reset didn't work, did it not work on a fresh save with nothing added back or did it come back after you started putting stuff back ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (2,870 Views)