Not given the visit option.

by BillFlowerpot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not given the visit option.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Dear Puzzleaddict, Anyone.

I would like your opinion.  I had a problem which is now resolved.

I was not able to visit a family home in the normal way by the options visit.  When the camera was close enough the walls would drop and I could see the activity inside.

I read up on some of the notes posted on these help pages and it was suggested that my sim may be corrupted.  I did all that was advised, but nothing worked.  However, changing active households did show that the problem was with the sim I was playing.

I tried sending my sim to the house by 'go here' command and was able to walk in. After a short visit I use the 'go home command.  Upon leaving the house walls raised and I had no further access.  Problem solved.

I remember visiting the lot in a previous game session and on that occasion I and the family I was visiting moved to another venue by the 'visit with' command.  I returned home from that venue and the household I had visited returned to their home.

What I would like your opinion on is this.  As I did not leave the lot I had visited to go home, could this have left my visit open, which I later closed as described?

Yours BillFlowerpot

Message 1 of 3 (401 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not given the visit option.

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. It is good to have a second opinion. I didn't know about 'NRaas>MC>Close. All The Best, from BillFlowerpot.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (356 Views)

All Replies

@BillFlowerpot  Yes, I think that's exactly what happened: the game left the other house "open," as if your sim was still visiting, instead of closing it.  I see this sometimes, and it's never evidence that my sim or my save is corrupted; at least, I don't see any other symptoms of corruption, and it's easy to fix.  I use MasterController to close the house by clicking on it or the lot and selecting NRaas > MC > Close.  When a lot is behaving normally and your sim isn't visitng, you'll see Open instead of Close in the same menu.

I wouldn't worry about this problem at all.  If you don't have other current issues, this is probably just one of those times that the game doesn't do exactly what it should on its own, and you need to step in and fix it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (371 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you. It is good to have a second opinion. I didn't know about 'NRaas>MC>Close. All The Best, from BillFlowerpot.
Message 3 of 3 (357 Views)