Re: Not enough space to download sims 4

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Champion (Retired)

Contact a shop. They will sell you one and install it for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 21 of 30 (3,615 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will using an external hard driver work? Looking into purchasing one that goes through the USB port. 

Message 22 of 30 (3,523 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If you can move enough files from your System drive to the external drive then yes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 23 of 30 (3,516 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought a new USB to download the game onto, and it's definitely enough space to hold everything, but any time I try, origin tells me I can't download the game onto a USB.

Message 24 of 30 (3,439 Views)

Hero

HI @girllovespandas 

that's interesting. Could you post a screenshot of the error message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 30 (3,409 Views)

★ Novice

me too

Message 26 of 30 (3,112 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@miss_ashey8   When a file(s) is downloaded to your system, a temp file is created on the system drive until the download is complete. The temp file is then copied (not moved) to a designated folder. This may or may not be on the system device. In the case of the TS4 download, It is then uncompressed. Then the installer is called and the game is installed to the target device. The minimum free space you need on the system device is the size of the download file. There may be other programs using temp files and the operating system is probably using temp files. You need to free up some free space for the download to function properly, Just adding a usb device will not solve the problem. And IMHO the situation probably won't get better. BYW the original temp file may not get deleted right away if ever. This is just one way operating systems bloat.

Message 27 of 30 (3,099 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

How do you get a bigger hard drive on hp do you know

Message 28 of 30 (2,535 Views)

@Donyelle809  Are you sure that's the issue?  Origin sometimes throws a not enough space error when that's not really the problem.  If you don't know how to check, run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

As to whether you could add another hard drive, replace your existing one, or neither, that depends on your exact model of computer.  A dxdiag would also make it more clear what your options are.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 29 of 30 (2,531 Views)

Community Manager
Hi,

Locking this thread here. It was originally opened in 2015 and the factors that contributed back then have likely changed since. If you've tried the steps shared in this thread and are still having issues, please open a new current thread and add any additional information you can.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 30 of 30 (2,507 Views)