Not able to switch between expansion packs

by idknovi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Not able to switch between expansion packs

★ Novice

So I've been having a little problem. 

I have a few expansion packs for the sims 3, and I just downloaded them all. (I did this in the old to new order)

I want to play university life, but when i start it a border pops up with. ''No disc found. Insert the Island Paradise disc.'' (which is the last one I installed)

So that's basically the only ep I can play..

Sorry I'm such a noob, but how can I switch to another ep?

Message 1 of 6 (1,375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Not able to switch between expansion packs

Hero (Retired)

the game always plays from the newest game installed in your case island paradise all of the other expansion and or stuff packs will be combined with your game you play from the island paradise one and when you launch the game make your sims etc. you can still send them to uni once the mascot arrives and they take the apptitude test then enroll to go to uni or not send them to uni

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,404 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

the game always plays from the newest game installed in your case island paradise all of the other expansion and or stuff packs will be combined with your game you play from the island paradise one and when you launch the game make your sims etc. you can still send them to uni once the mascot arrives and they take the apptitude test then enroll to go to uni or not send them to uni

Message 2 of 6 (1,405 Views)

★ Novice

Oh thankyou so much for telling me, I really didn't figure that out!

Message 3 of 6 (1,364 Views)

Hero (Retired)

welcomes Standard smile

Message 4 of 6 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks that's helpful but my expansion pack that i usually open frome (apartment life) is lost so now i can't do anything because its gone and the others won't open without it! any idea what to do?

Message 5 of 6 (1,247 Views)

@JunoHamilton  You have three options here.  The first is to uninstall "Apartment Life." (I think this is Late Night?  The names of the packs can be so different in other languages.  But if you want to be sure, you can list it by release order and whether it's an expansion or stuff pack.  Late Night is EP03.)  You'd have to manually remove the pack's files from your computer, and of course you wouldn't have access to the content anymore.

The second option is to buy a disc for a pack that's newer (by the date EA released it) than the newest pack you own.  Once you installed this pack, your game would run off its disc, not the one you're missing.

The third option is to uninstall the pack and reinstall it through Origin.  As long as you registered all of your codes or can do so now, you'd be able to play the digital version without using any disc at all.  Keep in mind that you'd be automatically patched to 1.69; you'd need to launch the game through Origin, and you'd have the pack selector in the launcher to deal with.  There's no way to avoid patch 1.69 if you install even one pack through Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 6 (1,236 Views)