Not Responding Freezes up entire laptop

by 1q2w3e4r5LOL

Original Post

Not Responding Freezes up entire laptop

★ Novice

I’ve had the sims 4 for around 3 years now but recently downloaded it on a pretty old laptop, Samsung windows 7. The gameplay is pretty smooth and I downloaded a few bits of custom content and MCCC (which isn’t working, maybe has something to do with the problem) but every. single. time. I play, after a while the screen goes white and it stops responding, forcing me to force shut down the laptop and lose all my progress. It is so annoying, as I am playing the 100 baby challenge and I keep losing everything! Not only that, but it freezes up the entire computer and I can’t click anything - ctrl+alt+delete doesn’t even work, and I can’t use the windows button or the taskbar! I’m really sick of it and it’s driving me crazy. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? I had a feeling it might be the graphics, as when I went on “Can I run it” or whatever it said mine was just below the minimum (but I heard multiple people say it was very inaccurate so I didn’t take much notice). Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 2 (273 Views)

Re: Not Responding Freezes up entire laptop

Hero

Hi @1q2w3e4r5LOL

have you tried removing all custom content/mods you downloaded to see if it then goes back to working order ?

If that doesn't help, could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (265 Views)