Re: Not Receiving Text/Phone Calls or Festival Notifications

by jonesy_jay

Original Post

Not Receiving Text/Phone Calls or Festival Notifications

★★★ Newbie

I am currently playing the Sims 4 on a Mac laptop with the City Living and Get Famous Expansion Packs. I have been playing for a few days and realized I have not received am any phone calls or text messages. One of the famous quirks I have is public number and it says I would receive many text from fans but I have not had any. I have 4 Sims in my household with multiple relationships. I am also not receiving the notification for festivals that are taking place. I am currently not living in the city; however, from my research I believe I should still receive the notifications for the festivals. 

Has anyone had this issue?

Message 1 of 7 (1,390 Views)

Hero
@SimAJ900 Are you using mods/CC in your game ?

If so, does it work if you remove them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I don't have any mods or CC in my game.

Message 3 of 7 (1,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SimAJ900 Could you try right clicking in the game in Origin and hit repair game ? Close the game first.

EDIT: Could you check if the notification wall is full. That usually shouldn't affect things but it's worth checking. Hit the delete button to remove all messages.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,322 Views)

★ Novice

i’ve been having a similar issue, i don’t remember my sims ever receiving text messages even before i added mods but i now that i have the slice of life mod which says you should get a text after u accept an invite i’ve realised i never get texts and i have no idea why.

Message 5 of 7 (1,215 Views)

★ Guide

I actually like this I hope they never fix this.

Message 6 of 7 (1,179 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@SimAJ900 I have this issue as well.
Message 7 of 7 (686 Views)