None of my games are saving? Help?

by nadialuke

Original Post

None of my games are saving? Help?

★★★★★ Novice

so I had a few problems before with my game, and I managed to fix it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. The game seemed to be fine, and I thought everything was fixed. Now every time I go to CAS and make a household, I click the check-mark to save the household and play my new world. It greys out the check-mark, showing that I indeed clicked it and it is just loading. So I wait. And wait. It just won't load. Its not a lack of patience, because I waited a few hours. And I KNOW it's not my mods, because I deleted them all other than resource.cfg, and made a backup. But I still have this problem. Can someone please help me?!

Message 1 of 8 (574 Views)

Re: None of my games are saving? Help?

Hero (Retired)

@nadialuke  Did you try right click the game icon in Origin and click repair?

Message 2 of 8 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did that and this happened Frown

Message 3 of 8 (546 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@nadialuke  Some mods and cc make changes to the game and don't get removed by removing them from the directory. Many (most) issues are caused by bad data in the user data. Try the factory reset - link - Sims 4 factory reset  This should start the game like you fist installed it. If the game runs then you have an issue in the user data. If the game still does not run the game may be corrupt and needs to be reinstalled.

Message 4 of 8 (539 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I did that before this problem occured, actually. It messed up my pc and game. I dont plan on trying it again.

Message 5 of 8 (533 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
but i could try again
Message 6 of 8 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It did something very weird, it showed with this:

Message 7 of 8 (520 Views)

Hero
Hi @nadialuke

best to reinstall Origin.

Uninstall, then download the newest version here: https://www.origin.com/store/download

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (503 Views)