Re: No weight gain or sliders after update

by CMeki

Original Post

No weight gain or sliders after update

★★★ Newbie

For some reason after the update my sims have not been able to gain weight and also the sliders don't work for me anymore. I have already deleted all the mods and cc that were giving my games problems, but my sims still look like they're starving. Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon.

Message 1 of 4 (934 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@kyblade007

Did you try removing all your mods and then starting the game?
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

If that does not work, try resetting your files to factory settings.

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
    • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (932 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The error is still there

Message 3 of 4 (916 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@kyblade007

Open your Origin client and go to My Game Library, right-click The Sims 4 and choose Repair.

Originrepairgame.PNG

Message 4 of 4 (902 Views)