No water/weed/spray option in greenhouse

by jjrose310

Original Post

No water/weed/spray option in greenhouse

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Unsure. Have newest patch from April 16th
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except spooky stuff and vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put plants in greenhouse and try to water/weed.
What happens when the bug occurs? The options aren't even available. Not just greyed out, but not there at all.
What do you expect to see? A greyed out water/weed/spray option if it isn't available.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not sure if this is a bug or just me being new to the game... 

But, I moved some plants to a greenhouse for winter (still in the ground, but sheltered) and now they don't need watering or weeding and never have bugs. The option to do it doesn't even show up greyed out, it's just gone. 

Its still winter, but I feel like they would still need watering at the very least... Is this normal game play or a glitch? 

(I don't have any game play mods in game currently, but I do have cc (cas).. 

Message 1 of 5 (433 Views)

Re: No water/weed/spray option in greenhouse

Hero
It was nerved a bit so how long have you been playing ? They do only show up when it's needed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (406 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have seasons set to 14 days, and it was after winter fest at the time.

That said, I moved everything to a different lot and leveled up to 10 gardening and it seems to have fixed itself (well, I have the tend garden option and she waters plants), once that happened weeds started popping up... But now it's spring. So  I don't know which started that. Lol

Message 3 of 5 (398 Views)

Hero

Hi @jjrose310 

glad to hear it's working again. I'm going to move this to tech for now but if you have further issues, feel free to come back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (371 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue - and can add a bit more info.. I wanted to make a complete "perfect plants" park, and also a business; each with 100% of the plants in the game for public harvest, so I downloaded 5 or so from the gallery to help me get started.. I used the grim reaper's lack of needs to wait out the plants growth cycle (not yet knowing I could cheat them grown!)... I first noticed ONE of the greenhouses missing all of those options... It was my first greenhouse, and my sim is a level 10 gardener so I used "tend garden," like you did... But right around then one of the plants got infested, and that's also the greenhouse where I first noticed the bain of my existence glitch, where spraying for bugs became an indefinite cycle you have to end yourself; and when you do, there are still bugs! So, next time you hit "tend garden" she's just gonna do it again unless you cheat the plant back to uninfested! ... This is also when some prolonged staring at a plant I've given orders for started to happen...   And the same plant(s) will get infested on each visit if you stay long enough! At the same time, my sims developed the problem of continually spraying the infested plants in a glitched loop until I turn on testing cheats and set the plant back to uninfected. Now it happens on every single communal lot, even if you try it super clean you buy a daisy to plant and a pot, on location..  I read of someone complaining that it'd happened on 2 of her saves now, and I read another guy who said a new game fixed the problem -- but I did extensive testing last night both with my real game (don't worry about the details - I tried it all!!)... But I also started about 20 new games then not saving and starting another new game to try something else, and it seems no matter how clean i play it, there's absolutely NO way to spray a bug on a public lot without cheating!!  I don't know if my game was corrupted by one of the greenhouse lots I downloaded, or if it's a bug everyone experiences!  But it's a really big deal with all the gardening in the game! It only makes sense that people are going to want to make businesses they rely on plants growing (like me!!), and don't want to have to do a testing cheat every time one of those plants gets bugs!

Message 5 of 5 (318 Views)