No text on The Sims 4

by laurenfay999

Original Post

Re: Scenarios options and text invisible

Hero
@dresslikekermit I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please try the suggestions on the first page. Try a game repair first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1001 of 1,152 (2,052 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I have no CC or mods in my game. 

Message 1002 of 1,152 (2,018 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@dresslikekermit I have exactly the same issue did you manage to solve it?
Message 1003 of 1,152 (1,846 Views)

No text on The Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Is anyone having issues with text not appearing while playing The Sims 4. I can’t see text on the Home Screen but only certain areas. When a sim calls my sim this is what I see. Any help. I am using the EA beta app on pc and don’t/can’t repair the game. Can’t attach photos as they are too large 😩

Message 1004 of 1,152 (1,516 Views)

Re: No text on The Sims 4

Hero
@laurenfay999 The Beta app has many drawbacks yet so it's best to install Origin as well and then repair the game through there.

Merged your post with the master thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 1005 of 1,152 (1,469 Views)

no text showing in

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cottage living, Snowy escape, Eco lifestyle, Discover university, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City living, Get to work, Dream home decorator, Jungle adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine out, Paranormal, Nifty knitting, Tiny living, Laundry day, Toddler, Backyard, Kids room, Movie hangout, Cool kitchen and Bust the dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not sure, it is seen the attached screenshots.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the dream home decorator update came out (with the likes and dislikes), the text was not showing up in the bubbles, it also affected build mode where the items that usually have a title and description show up as DEBUG. I recently purchased Cottage living and the same happens there and the recent updates that should have text isn't showing up either.
What do you expect to see? I hope to see that the text is showing on bubbles and interactions and recipes that come in these packs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had downloaded the Dream home decorator patch.

I attached the screenshots at the bottom. 

Message 1006 of 1,152 (1,481 Views)

Re: no text showing in

★ Pro
@Monkeybarrs Have you already tried repairing your game?
Message 1007 of 1,152 (1,454 Views)

Hero
@Monkeybarrs I merged your post with the main thread on this.

Please try the suggestions on the first page. Try a game repair first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 1008 of 1,152 (1,447 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes I tried repairing and used everything on the main thread but nothing seems to be working!

Message 1009 of 1,152 (1,400 Views)

Words disappear on the main menu button

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Expansion - All of them except Cottage living - Pack - Except Star wars and Dream home decoration - Stuff - Romantic garden, Kids room, Backyard, Vintage Glamour, Bowling, Laundry
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The third button on the right on main menu doesn't have any word on it, which I expect it is a challenge mode. The details in it disappear also.
What happens when the bug occurs? On the main menu, Just logging in. I haven't accessed the game for a while, then you announced the neighborhood story. So, I logged in yesterday (5/12/21).
What do you expect to see? The words and information display properly.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't accessed the game or updated the patched for a while, before the Cottage living launched, I think. Then I updated to 1.82.99.1030 on 5/12/21 and it appears like this.

These pics

Message 1010 of 1,152 (1,413 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help