Re: No supported graphic card detected

by simcity1979

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No supported graphic card detected

★ Novice

Okay, so I have been playing the Sims 3 since it first came out on two different laptops. The latest one I bought back in late 2011/early 2012 (cannot remember the exact time as my old one died suddenly). I've been playing the Sims 3 on it. Today my sims 3 suddenly froze during the buy mode. I suddenly could not see the menu bars so I had to force the application (the game) to close. When I went on to restart the game, I continnue to get an error stating the the Sims 3 cannot be started due to having no supported video graphics card. Now I know my main problem is I don't have enough video ram which is why it lags but the graphic's card is supported. Anyway to solve this issue because I'm not buying another laptop/desktop for a while...plus I doubt some of my digitial downloads will go on mac as I think they are pc only Frown

Message 1 of 7 (8,238 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When I open the document, it was completely blank???? I don't know what is suppoed to go in the document.

EDIT: Never mind, I just deleted the deviceconfig and started the game and it magically generated a new one so now my game works:cathappy:

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (10,066 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 7 (8,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

When I open the document, it was completely blank???? I don't know what is suppoed to go in the document.

EDIT: Never mind, I just deleted the deviceconfig and started the game and it magically generated a new one so now my game works:cathappy:

Message 3 of 7 (10,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Does that really solved your problem? Bcause Im having the same issue , i deleted the device config but still the same error appears. then the device config goes back even after deleting it. please help me Frown

Message 4 of 7 (6,351 Views)

[ Edited ]

@iamkhlareece  The deviceconfig is supposed to regenerate if you delete it.  What message exactly are you seeing?  There's a difference between an unrecognized card, which generally just means one that's newer than the last patch, and the other messages.  Can you launch the game at all?  It would also be helpful to know your computer's specs, or better yet, you can run a dxdiag and attach it here using the paper clip icon.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-DxDiag-PC-Only/m-p/1049584/thread-id/47181

Edit:  The other thing you can try is removing your options.ini file from your game folder.  It too will regenerate, and your options will be reset, but that might be helpful.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 7 (6,334 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Me too! It's been a year since you commented that, have you maybe figured it out? 

Message 6 of 7 (3,966 Views)

@simcity1979  I can definitely try to help you get your card recognized, if you want.  I just need the first 40 or so lines of your deviceconfig; stop where the game options start.

Also, this thread is quite old, so I'll probably split your comment into its own thread.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 7 of 7 (3,956 Views)