No sound in sims 4, everything else working perfectly

by Lava_simm

Original Post

No sound in sims 4, everything else working perfectly

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi all

So basically I don't know when this started happening but the sound in sims 4 has stopped working completely. Here is everything I've done so far

Updated to the newest realtek driver 6.0.1.8117.

Tested sound on youtube, sound was VERY BAD, same on all my games, super loud really distorted. i figured there was a problem with realtek, so I rolled back to generic Microsoft drivers. Tested youtube, works perfect, tested world of warcraft and spotify, works perfectly, I turn on sims? NO SOUND! I have trouble shooted it, no help, I have checked weather it is muted in the mixer and in the game, its definitely not muted. I tried repairing the game, no joy.

No idea what to do next? 

If anyone can help me please let me know!

Thanks!

Lava_simm

EDIT: Exact same issue with headphones in by the way, sound everywhere but in sims

Message 1 of 5 (393 Views)

Re: No sound in sims 4, everything else working perfectly

Hero

Hi @Lava_simm

have you tried all the suggestions in the thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/SOLUTION-Fix-for-no-sound-in-Sims-4/m-p/4124823#U4124823 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (373 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, the files it says to delete I deleted there was no change. I also filled around with my drivers a lot, nothing works. Nothings muted. I've been through that thread completly, it all failed, I can't think whats wrong D:

Message 3 of 5 (364 Views)

★★ Novice

bump Frown

Message 4 of 5 (277 Views)

Hi @Lava_simm,

I'd suggest reseting The Sims 4 to factory defaults, just in case there's a configuration issue: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Also, personally I doubt drivers can distort sound like that. Your PC may have a hardware issue with the Realtek onboard sound chip.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 5 of 5 (268 Views)