by 1SimsFan76

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No "guest" invite options

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.53.115.1020 and update 07/22/2019 – V1.17
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I all expansion, game, and stuff packs except Island Living and My First Pet Stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Plan a social event from any source calendar, phone, etc
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are engaged and I tried to throw a Wedding Party but wasn’t able to because the only guest options were the sims in my household. So I decided to test the out on all social events scheduled for now or the future. Using the phone, or the calendar. After I accept the host I go to select my guest. The only sims that appear are the ones in my house. This happens for every sim in my house. Each sim knows a lot of Sims in town. It doesn’t matter if the party is scheduled for now of the future. I get no other options. I get a few options for private dancer, mixologist, cater, musician, etc. But no friends, neighbors, NPC, etc for guest. The only social events that “guest” invites option other than my household are Weeny Roast and Charity event. The Weenie Roast only pulls up 3 sims which is the Lewis Household. Who I believe are my neighbors. The Charity Benefit Party has pulls in about Sim options for guest. Dance Party works fine but the invites are labeled “party goers” not guest. Fan meet and greet works fine but those invites are labeled “fan”. I don’t know how long this has been an issue because I haven’t planned a social event for a long while. How can I have a successful party if I can’t invite any sims other than my household.
What do you expect to see? The 10+ sims I know in town should show up as options to select as guest.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

n/a

Message 1 of 6 (2,573 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No "guest" invite options

★★★ Novice

I believe I found the cause of the issue. I thought I had removed all the mods but found a mod in hidden in my custom content folder with my clothes, hair, shoes, etc. It's the  partyinvite_anyplayedsim by Bienchen83. Once I moved the mod my invites were there for my guest option for wedding. 

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (2,536 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@1SimsFan76 There was a similar report for a vampire.

Is your Sim a vampire ?

Also a bit confused about your version. 1.17 is console only. Do you also have a console and seeing it there too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,557 Views)

★★★ Novice

No none of my sims are vampires. No I'm only playing on PC. The 1.17 was an upgrade or something listed in the help section of my game. Once I found the version on the Main screen I forgot to delete the 1.17 part.

Message 3 of 6 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Novice

I believe I found the cause of the issue. I thought I had removed all the mods but found a mod in hidden in my custom content folder with my clothes, hair, shoes, etc. It's the  partyinvite_anyplayedsim by Bienchen83. Once I moved the mod my invites were there for my guest option for wedding. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes almost all of my sims are vampires and I am having the same issue could that be causing my problem? 

Message 5 of 6 (2,118 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (2,095 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help