No option to start or load household

by karahendy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No option to start or load household

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if I am going insane but I cannot find the menu or option to click to load a game I was playing yesterday (and loaded yesterday after closing the program launch day) nor is there an option to start a new household. I have googled how-tos in starting a new one/loading an old one to see if I am just somehow incabable of finding the correct menu but obviously there isn't anything out there to help. Also I checked out a Lets Play to see where the menu is to start a new game and I don't have the button that was clicked to create a new household.

This is a screenshot of the "home" screen.

http://karahendy.com/sims4isstupid.png

And here is the menu.

http://karahendy.com/sims4isstupidm.png

Help? Tell me I just haven't found the correct menu. I did click around in the gallery and saw the sim I had created but no way to enter into the game that I have with her. Frown

Message 1 of 4 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No option to start or load household

★★★ Novice

I did try that and it didn't change anything.

However, I was successful in starting that challenge at the bottom and once I started a game, saved and selected "Exit to Main Menu," I got all the options to load a saved game or start a new one. I am in the progress of creating a new family to save as and then retart the game to see what has happened.

My game from yesterday was not listed under the Load Game option. Not sure if my game is just uncapable of saving a game or what. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (327 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

your not loosing it as ther should be an load saved game upper right corner...i dont know if it'll help or not but make sure you exit the TS$ menu then in the my game stab right clcik the game icon and click on the repair game and or right click thegame icon check for updates  if neither worls please let us know so i can ask around to see if any one ha sother tips/suggestions

Message 2 of 4 (316 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did try that and it didn't change anything.

However, I was successful in starting that challenge at the bottom and once I started a game, saved and selected "Exit to Main Menu," I got all the options to load a saved game or start a new one. I am in the progress of creating a new family to save as and then retart the game to see what has happened.

My game from yesterday was not listed under the Load Game option. Not sure if my game is just uncapable of saving a game or what. 

Message 3 of 4 (328 Views)

Hero (Retired)

it could also be a bug  mine was the short cut keys 1.2.3. up/down exit and restarting worked

you can select your reply as the solotion as it worked for you it may help others too

have a great day Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (309 Views)