Original Post

Accepted Solution

No option to join gigs sims 4 get famous

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All big Expansion packs, parenthood, outdoor retreat, dine out, day spa, strangerville, laundry day, toddler stuff, kids stuff, movie hangout stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send u saved files? Idk how else.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims go on their own to the giigs with no option popping up to go alkne or join. They go come back and it's a success then I dont get any money for the gig.
What do you expect to see? An option to join to go to the acting career and also get paid regardless to go alone or join.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This problem I always noticed I have. The acting career my sim doesnt get paid and she passes the audition. Theres no option for me to join either. It's like a rabbit hole for valunteer work. Also the fam doesnt go up just the reputation. All other fam works but not the acting career which really sucks. It's kinda a waste of money if the acting career don't funtion right. I did take out all mods and CC and still didn't work,  I cleared out junk in the files and tried to repair my game twice. It didnt work. One thing I did that I found to try is move her out and back in and that worked but sadly the next audtion after that went staight back to the bug. Everytime I tried the acting career with my sims this happens. I never was able to use the acting career and I had this expansion pack since it came out. What else van I fo to fix this bug?

Message 6 of 13 (4,441 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No option to go to gigs

Hero

Hi @RichelleRae28 

there's an audition first that is rabbithole, if you pass that, you should be able to go to the action gig next. Do other active careers work as they should for you ? Do you have get to work ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 13 (4,416 Views)

All Replies

No option to go to gigs

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Can someone help me? Since I got the sims 4 get famous I was never able to go to the gigs with my sims. Its fustrating that I bought this game but im not able to explore auditions or gigs with my sim. I took out all mods,  still didnt work and I tried to repair my game,  still didnt work. Idk what to do to fix it. Anyone know whats going on?

Also, my sims are not getting paid for their audtions/gigs. If this does not get fixed what a waste of $42!

Message 1 of 13 (4,460 Views)

Hero

Could you try if you can cancel the gig through your phone and get a new one ?

If that doesn't help, could you give some more details what happens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (4,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll try that. Havent used gigs over the phone. I'll let u know.

Message 3 of 13 (4,441 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried it. Didn't work. She just goes on her own with no options for me to join. She goes there passes all her gigs and gets no money out of it. It's like a rabbit hole for a volunteer work. A waste of money. Thatd all the acting career always does for me.
Message 4 of 13 (4,439 Views)

Hero

Hi @RichelleRae28 

there's an audition first that is rabbithole, if you pass that, you should be able to go to the action gig next. Do other active careers work as they should for you ? Do you have get to work ?

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (4,417 Views)

Re: No option to join gigs sims 4 get famous

★★★ Novice
Idk why it's black on the words. I'll retype (sigh) I had this problem since I got the game. No option to join gigs. They go to the gigs and it's a success but don't get a pay out. I've tried to remove all cc and mods didnt work, repair game twice didnt work, clean out files, didnt work. One thing I did that worked was move sims out and back in. But sadly the bug came right back for the next gig. I don't get to play with the acting career and it sucks. They get no fam from the gigs either. No money and no fam just reputation. This is only when it comes to the acting career. I had thus game since it came out.
Message 7 of 13 (4,419 Views)

Hero

Hi @RichelleRae28 

Did you try the latest suggestion I made in your other thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/No-option-to-go-to-gigs/m-p/7688099#M136794 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (4,413 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, it didnt work. What worked one time is moving my sims out and back in but sadly it went back to the glitch for the next gig like my discription says. I tried other things to. Says i the discription.
Message 9 of 13 (4,405 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok. Yes I didnt try this one yet. Ty I will try this one. But no it's always a rabbit hole with success and no money. But I will try this. I'll get back to let u know how it gose ty.
Message 10 of 13 (4,404 Views)