No option to install Sims 4 after reinstalling Origin.

by Andrea058523

Original Post

No option to install Sims 4 after reinstalling Origin.

★ Guide

Sims 4 would not start. I uninstalled Sims 4, uninstalled Origin, redownloaded Origin, signed in expecting to be able to reinstall Sims, but the option is not there. Origin does not recognize that I own any games and wants me to buy them all over again.

Message 1 of 7 (719 Views)

Re: No option to install Sims 4 after reinstalling Origin.

Champion (Retired)

@Andrea058523 

You need to login to the account that you have the game on. Then you will find it in the Game Library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (704 Views)

★ Guide

Well I got my account sorted out, but now what! I don't see how to install the game

1.png

Message 3 of 7 (692 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@Andrea058523 Rightclick click it in the Game Library. and select Download.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (674 Views)

★ Guide
@jpkarlsen No option to download when right clicking in game library,
Message 5 of 7 (660 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Andrea058523 

This is likely a problem with Origins cache. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Message 6 of 7 (643 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@jpkarlsenjust tried that. still nothing. should I try to uninstall and reinstall origin again?

Edit. I got it. I removed the game from my library and it finally gave me the option to download. downloading it now.

Message 7 of 7 (624 Views)