Re: No objectives when asked on dates - date ends badly

by burin077

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No objectives when asked on dates - date ends badly

★★★ Newbie

Whenever my sims are invited on a date, there are no objectives. The date always ends with 'Never call me again". I'd really like to fix it!

Message 1 of 12 (20,118 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero
There are no goals when you get invited. Just do romantic interactions and the date should be fine. It is quite hard to keep them happy but this is how it's supposed to work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 9 of 12 (18,324 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

do you mean your sims are invited or you invited other sims? i think if your sims get invited the other sims get the objectives

Message 2 of 12 (20,107 Views)

Hero

Is your game updated to the newest version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 12 (20,100 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am pretty sure it is - no updates available and I just installed it yesterday. I had it installed on my old computer and did not have this issue but on this one I do. I just installed the Get to Work and outdoor retreat expansions for the first time as well...

Message 4 of 12 (20,096 Views)

Hero

I wasn't invited on a date since the a patch but did you have the white bar in the top left corner that's counting down the time ?

Other events def work now but I'm not sure about dates. 

I see your version number on the start screen in the bottom left corner.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 12 (20,090 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had other events work (including dates when I invite the person). I do have a timer, but it's not a white bar; its a circle in the top left, the same as it is at work for my doctor sim when working at the hospital. I have that timer for all events.

Message 6 of 12 (20,082 Views)

Hero

I had a date myself yesterday and while there were no goals I just did some romantic interactions and the date went very well.

Yours does sound like not updated though

Could you check your game version ? Start the game and on the first screen, there should be a number in the lower left corner.

What is that for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (20,078 Views)

★★★ Novice

It is 2019 and the same thing happened to me. Jonny Zest or whatever his name is asked my sim out on a date there were no objectives and the date ended badly. 

Message 8 of 12 (18,335 Views)

Hero
There are no goals when you get invited. Just do romantic interactions and the date should be fine. It is quite hard to keep them happy but this is how it's supposed to work.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (18,325 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Guide

Just to follow up here on the topic:

It seems there's a few types of "dates" in the game; if you're "invited" to a date, it's mostly to exchange Romantic Interactions. Build some friendship with the Sim that invites you, then proceed with some Romantic Interactions; there's no real "tracking" or "objectives" of the date in regards to this sort of event. 

For dates that you have your own Sim ask others, you'll notice the traditional "event" and "objectives" appear for this, treating it as a social event of sorts revolving around specific interactions.

I guess you could say between the two types, one's more of a "get to know you and see how things go" event, and the other is more of a "formal" date. It'd be nice if this was clarified a bit better, to be honest.

- B

Message 10 of 12 (18,303 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help