Re: No more cc?

by EA_Mai

Original Post

No more cc?

★ Novice
So I've had my Sims4 installed on my laptop for over a year. I've played with cc for the last few months however, in May, I must have updated (without removing cc because I never remember to) but I never have any mods installed. My game will not load past the Sims 4 screen with ANY cc. I have removed all cc, repaired, reinstalled. The game works without cc, but so much as one (doesn't matter which) piece of cc renders the game unresponsive. Help? Specs can be provided upon request, tho I doubt it is related.
Message 1 of 6 (320 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MeliaPTS,

It could be you are trying to install custom content that is simply not compatible with the current version of the game. Have you made sure to download only compatible mods?

You could also try to reset your user files and check if you can install your mods there:

1. With the game closed, go to Documents \ Electronic Arts
  2. Rename The Sims 4 folder as The Sims 4 old
  3. Open your game until you get to the main menu, and close it again.
  4. Try to install your CC and open the game. Your save games won't be there, but don't worry. Just check if you can get the game to work.

Let us know how that went and I can give you further instructions depending on the result Wink

Good luck!

-Mai

Message 2 of 6 (306 Views)

★ Novice
Hey Mai!

I've only got base game compatible cc, I'm sure because I've also installed this content to my pc tower which only has the base and Get Together. The cc works on the tower just fine and it hasn't been patched since early May.

I followed your instructions for my laptop however and the result was an 8hr Sims 4 screen. I loaded it about 12 last night, fell asleep, woke up to the same screen. The only difference was the game was still responsive with the white arrow cursor versus receiving that "The Sims 4 is unresponsive" message with the loading cursor.

What now?
Message 3 of 6 (293 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @MeliaPTS,

Was your game in the laptop updated with the June patches? it's possible the mods are not compatible with them.

Good luck!

-Mai

Message 4 of 6 (286 Views)

★ Novice
I believe the game stopped functioning the first week of May because I was unable to play by 5/14 on my laptop. I installed it on the tower in time for the 5/25 patch so I don't think that patch affected my cc. I uninstalled from my laptop last week and reinstalled by 6/17 but I do not have "mods" installed, just cc. Does that make a difference?
Message 5 of 6 (276 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

This is certainly very strange, @MeliaPTS. Frown

Could you please give us more technical information about your computer? A dxdiag would be very helpful. You can find instructions on how to get a dxdiag here, and you can attach it to your answer.

Also, when following the steps I suggested in this post, did you get the loading issue when doing the 3rd step or the 4th?

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 6 of 6 (249 Views)