Re: No game disc error

by roberta591

Original Post

No game disc error

★★★ Newbie

I put in my CD and play through origins and try without and somehow it still says that there is no disc and won’t let me play?

Message 1 of 3 (320 Views)

@A3Sawyer  Are you playing in Windows or mac OS?  Either way, your computer may not be able to authenticate Sims 3 discs.  Still, you should be able to play without a disc at all.  But how you accomplish this will depend on your operating system.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (310 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@A3Sawyer  SafeDisc is the DRM that requires a disc in the drive to play. SafeDisc is no longer supported by the Windows and OS X operating systems since 2012. The DRM for this game is now Origin. You have to install Origin, register your game code in Origin, then download and install the digital download version after uninstalling the version you have now. After you install the newer version you will no longer need a disc to play. Rather then reinstall you can get the version 1.67 super patch, register the game code in Origin, then let Origin patch the game to version 1.69. Version 1.69 is an Origin only patch - there is no manual patch. The DRM SecuROM only provides only 3 installs will be gone to. Some optical drives don't seem to see the special data and there some optical drives fail to read the spacial data after some time. SecuROM and SafeDisc were poorly supported which is one of the biggest reasons they are no longer supported by Windows (all versions) and OS X.

Message 3 of 3 (292 Views)