Re: No freelancer option on PC

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No freelancer option on PC

★★ Novice

Hello,

There is no “freelancer” option on my sims computer for them to “chat to client”. I noticed some others had this issue caused by the UI extension mod, but I do not use that. I do have a few mods and CC though. Does anyone know why else this could be happening? 

Thanks Standard smile 

Message 1 of 9 (3,558 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Hello! 

I removed all mods and it worked, have been narrowing them down all afternoon and can confirm it was LittleMsSams “Personal Objects” mod that was causing the issue.

With this mod removed the “Freelancer” category is now available on the sims computer.

Thanks,

Harriet 

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (3,530 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hero
Hi @harrietroseodell

Could you try if it shows up with no mods/cc at all. There could be others that are conflicting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,549 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello! 

I removed all mods and it worked, have been narrowing them down all afternoon and can confirm it was LittleMsSams “Personal Objects” mod that was causing the issue.

With this mod removed the “Freelancer” category is now available on the sims computer.

Thanks,

Harriet 

Message 3 of 9 (3,531 Views)

Hero
I think LMS has updated all her mods already. So you can just go check if she has a newer version.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It was the update version causing problems,

I spoke to LMS and she said she was having issues with sim file share and the updated mods. 

Just something to be aware of if you are downloading the updated version from there. 

Message 5 of 9 (3,512 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
I think LMS has updated all her mods already. So you can just go check if she has a newer version.

I'm using her updated mod. Some mod I still haven't narrowed down, could have been UI CHEATS though as 4 times I went through my over 40gb mods folder where my cc is merged but upgrades to my laptop have started having tons of folders for specifics of a mod script file and whatnot. I deleted a ton that may of been fine, however the chat UI showed up 4 times after removing the old version and the new one 4 times. So I was never looking for that mod. Til I'm like hmmm.. Or I see the mod. I got stuff working  My freelance programming soon to be a druggie Sim has no career. I click her phone, says I'm a freelancer. Before no option showed up either. Now I have that updated mod and I can't even SEE THE JOB IN THE CAREER BOOK. BYE BISH MOD. I was looking forward to that mod. 

Message 6 of 9 (3,462 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Peachess143 

UI Cheats is known to cause problems with Freelancer if it isn't updated. An update is available.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 9 (3,452 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ya, I uh, found out the difference in UI changes on different games soon after this post. I play World of Warcraft and have played almost half my life, Sims i played before i hit 10 yrs. So in World of Warcraft we have addons and there are UI ones and getting more than one is a bad time. Im used to the obvious "It's a UI problem" than the game pretty much crumbling in front of me until it refuses to run. Learn something new everyday lol oops.

Message 8 of 9 (1,139 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the update @Peachess143!

Since this is an older thread I'm going to lock it to prevent further necro-posts to keep relevant information available for anyone browsing here. 

Feel free to create a new thread if you do run into any new issues!

Mako.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,124 Views)