No free simpoint? sims3store registration issue

by latbat58

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No free simpoint? sims3store registration issue

★★★ Novice

I have sims 3 plus showtime on both steam and origin. I also have sims3.store account which works. like i get achievements and i can login ingame etc. It just uses the game credentials as origin so i assume they are linked. but i didnt get any free simpoints for owning sims 3 plus showtime. I cant register them keys dont work and the site says you dont need to register games if you own them on origin and i do. my profile looks like this (basically no registered games not even base game even thought i earned some achievements on

that account by playing sims 31xxxa.png)

Message 1 of 3 (474 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No free simpoint? sims3store registration issue

@latbat58  1000 points is probably the correct number.  If you bought the content on Steam, it's exactly what everyone else gets: the base game grants 1k points, as does World Adventures, but the other packs do not.  This has always been the policy, with exceptions for certain limited edition expansions that came with bonus points and/or store items.

More recently, some people have reported getting 1k points for buying packs through Origin, but I don't know whether this is intentional or a fluke, and at any rate, simply registering a product bought somewhere else doesn't count.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (453 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I cleared browser cache and logged in again and the claim your free simpoints button appeared. now the both sims 3 base game and the showtime are registered and i got 1000 points? Is this right the amount i should be getting for base game + one ep?

Message 2 of 3 (460 Views)

@latbat58  1000 points is probably the correct number.  If you bought the content on Steam, it's exactly what everyone else gets: the base game grants 1k points, as does World Adventures, but the other packs do not.  This has always been the policy, with exceptions for certain limited edition expansions that came with bonus points and/or store items.

More recently, some people have reported getting 1k points for buying packs through Origin, but I don't know whether this is intentional or a fluke, and at any rate, simply registering a product bought somewhere else doesn't count.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (454 Views)