Re: No delivery service option after updating

by moxiegraphix

Original Post

No delivery service option after updating

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I solved this but I felt like I should post about it here. I realized I didn't have the new content delivery system so I updated my game. The gameversion text still showed the old version so I deleted it and restarted my game. I STILL don't have the delivery service AND my new game version text is still showing 1.80.69.1030 in spite of the fact I literally, ten minutes ago, updated my game. I'm also 99.9% certain I updated in the November patch because I had to update several mods. But my game version is from September. I don't make it a habit of checking the game version but I did because I noticed I didn't have the delivery service. I was able to update a second time, even though I had literally updated ten minutes prior.

I solved it by making a brand new game folder. I'm uncertain what might have been blocking it from showing up but the delivery service option appeared and the game version is up to date. I was wondering why neighborhood stories weren't triggering for me. Now I know. 

UPDATE: Restoring my saves, etc. back to the folder, the game version text reverted back to 1.80.69.1030. I'm thinking this MAY most likely be be a mod issue. I once again don't have the option for the content delivery system though I do have scenarios and have had them since they came out.

Maybe I spoke too soon. After removing my mods folder and the cache files, the game version is still reverting to an older game version (I am deleting the game version text each time). And then I created another new folder and, same thing. So it worked once and now it isn't working again. I'm stumped. It's definitely not a mod issue if it's repeating after creating a clean folder and starting the game with nothing in it. 

[CM - Edited to merge consecutive posts]

Message 1 of 8 (473 Views)

Hero
@moxiegraphix Does the game version also revert back on the main menu or just the file ?

Did you check your security software ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (409 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictThe version also reverted on the main menu. I haven't had issues before with my security software and the Sims but that is something I will test out now.

It's very odd to me that it worked once and then stopped working, even with a brand new folder. But I'll report back with what happens when I disable my security software temporarily.

EDIT: I disabled my security software (firewall and antivirus) and updated my game again. It worked and is on the proper patch number. Re-enabling my security software didn't seem to affect it so I may need to disable it when I update from now on. Maybe the update to Windows 11 affected it because I never had an issue with it before.

Message 3 of 8 (398 Views)

Hero
@moxiegraphix Are you using defender ? If so, check if Sims is added as exception to the ransomware protection. Maybe you had that off and it enabled when you updated to Win 11

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (371 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I don't use defender and I checked my other firewall settings and both Origin and TS4 are listed as exceptions. I'm stumped but, it's working now, at least.
Message 5 of 8 (363 Views)

Hero
@moxiegraphix What are you using ? It might re-occur with the next patch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (359 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict Avast. I'll disable it when I next patch, just in case. I can disable it so that it will turn back on automatically after an hour or so.

I couldn't find anything in the settings that would possibly have caused this issue, at least not that jumped out at me.
Message 7 of 8 (355 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@moxiegraphix You might need to add it to this in Avast: https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/10/add-exceptions-to-anti-virus-programs.html#avast

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (338 Views)