No clothes appeared on my sim!

by DiamongPigeon

Original Post

No clothes appeared on my sim!

★★★ Newbie

I made a sim the other day and loaded onto her lot. When I was on the lot, none of her clothes had showed up, neither did her hair! What happened? And how can I fix it?

Message 1 of 3 (1,389 Views)

Re: No clothes appeared on my sim!

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@DiamongPigeon

Have you used CC to create her?

1. If yes you probably have used CC each no longer work after the patch.

2. If you have CC but you have used EA clothes and it disappeared some outdated, broken CC could cause it.

3. If you don't have CC then some file in the game folder responsible for CAS are broken in your game folder.

In the first and second case move your mods folder to the desktop delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder and fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if a game is working now without mods and CC.
Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK. Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
You need to find a culprit and either remove it or replace it with an updated version

In the third case try doing a factory reset as described in this post:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (1,382 Views)

Re: No clothes appeared on my sim!

★★★ Newbie

The problem was number two but I did that before, and it still glitched. Also, I forgot to mention that the clothing was there, but it was the same color and texture as the sim, as if you could see right through it.

Message 3 of 3 (1,356 Views)