Re: No audio

by firepvp1021

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No audio

★★★ Novice

When a I start the game then plug earphones into my computer no there is no audio

I have to restart the game and even then sometimes the game starts with no audio 

I've checked the earphones, they are not the problem

This is new and and started only after the new update

Message 1 of 16 (726 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
Message 16 of 16 (1,005 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@firepvp1021  If you plug the headphones in and THEN start the game does it work? I had one motherboard that would disable the green audio jack (normally the left and right speaker) if nothing was plugged in. Do you have a laptop or desktop? Is your computer a pc or mac?

Message 2 of 16 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@roberta591

@If I plug the earphones (by earphones i mean earbuds) in the first it works 2 out of 3 of the tim

My computer is a pc desktop

Message 3 of 16 (705 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@firepvp1021  Are you trying the front panel jacks? Does the same thing happen when you try the green jack on the motherboard on the back of the computer? Did you try speakers instead of the buds?

Message 4 of 16 (680 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591

I'm using the front jacks 

And no I haven't tried speakers or the back jacks

But it's definitely not a problem with the earbuds or the front audio jack as it work 100% fine on everything else except the sims4

Message 5 of 16 (674 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@firepvp1021  What is the make and model of the motherboard?

Message 6 of 16 (666 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591

I have no idea

Message 7 of 16 (649 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591

Do you know I way I can get holed of anew EA employee in order to report the bug?

B.t.w thanks so much for the help

Message 8 of 16 (640 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@firepvp1021  I am not an EA employee. I am a long time computer hobbyist. Audio issues like you describe are unusual. I'm guessing your using the audio chip built into the motherboard. There is a free program called cpuz that will display a lot of information about your computer (like the model of the motherboard) which in turn that can be research for information about the built in devices (audio chip, etc). Even if this gets escalated, the EA technicians will most likely need this information also. Some audio circuits look for an 8 ohm (maybe 4 ohm) impedance to see if a device is plugged into what jack. Also if others have the same issue and maybe if they found a solution. Must users don't unplug and plug in again an audio device. I have one computer that if I boot the computer and then plug the speakers in, I get no sound. But if I plug the speakers in before I boot the computer I get sound. Some computers includes a synthesizer software program (mahimic) that didn't work with some games.

Message 9 of 16 (624 Views)

★★★ Novice

@roberta591

So what are you selecting I do?

And are you saying it's a problem with the computer and not the sims 4?

Even though I only have that problem with the sims 4

Message 10 of 16 (619 Views)