Re: No 'Try for Baby' option in Sims 4

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@LeneyD wrote:

i know my sims isnt pregnant and there isnt 8 sims in the house. HELP!!!

Hi @LeneyD - did you check the other solutions in this thread? 

• Remove mods & cc.
  • Check custom gender settings of both sims. One has to be able to be impregnated & one has to be able to impregnate
  • Young Adult or Adult; teens & elders can't get pregnant
  • No one in the household pregnant, including pets, that could put the household up to 8 sims. Remember it's possible to have triplets
  • If the house they're in was from the gallery, try moving to a different house that came with the game
  • Try clicking on all combinations - is the option there from one sim but not the other? Do you get the option if you click on the bed? Other places (bush, rocket ship, waterfall depending on what's available in your game)

Can they woohoo on the bed? What if you try another bed? Do they have an existing romantic relationship? Can other sims in the household try for baby with anyone? 

If it is still an issue after checking all of this, reply back & tell us what happened.

Message 21 of 29 (14,879 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this issue too. I only get the wohoo option. One of the sims is an npc and I cannot edit him in cas nor can I even see what his gender settings are. Maybe I have to send her out cheating. She has the fertile trait and they are both adult. There are 3 cats and no kids in the household. My sim has try for baby as a whim. The npc is Morgyn Ember. Her father is Father Winter. I only pair my sims up with npc partners it seems. Frown

Message 22 of 29 (14,650 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Vildra - Morgyn Ember is a pre-built sage Sim. You should be able to see him in Manage Households - if you play him (move him to "My Households") you can take him to CAS.

It appears that Morgyn is built with custom gender settings including using female clothing options, and not being able to impregnate or be impregnated. If you want to change those settings, you would need to edit in CAS full edit mode.

1. Press "Ctrl + Shift + C" to bring up the cheat console
  2. Enter "testingcheats on" (without the quotation marks)
  3. Enter "cas.fulleditmode" (without the quotation marks)
  4. Edit in CAS as you like
  5. Enter "testingcheats off" and then close the console window by pressing "Ctrl + Shift + C" again

More info about cheats and using them can be found in Carl's Guide. Happy Simming!

Message 23 of 29 (14,627 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes and thanks. I found out that is the case from another sims player. I chose to adopt instead. I changed his outfits but I couldn't even see his gender settings.

Message 24 of 29 (14,620 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MiaSkywalker1 I was having the same problem, have mods and on of them mc command centre and I removed all of the pregnancy and woohoo modules and when I then clicked on the bed the try for a baby option appeared so it is probably something wrong with that
Message 25 of 29 (14,581 Views)

★ Guide
@Miaaahay Yes, it turned out it was something I had inadvertently set using MC Command Center. Removing MCCC didn't fix the problem, unfortunately. I ended up having to put MCCC back in, in order to change the setting back and make them able to have kids.

I don't remember now specifically what setting I had made, as that was quite a while ago for me.
Message 26 of 29 (14,548 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MiaSkywalker1 I changed my mind about adopting and used the normal cheat cas.fulleditmode to change the custom gender settings on Morgyn. After getting the two kids I wanted I changed them back. Unfortunately he was abducted by aliens on the night of the birth of his twin daughters and got pregnant so I got an extra green kid. ^^
Message 27 of 29 (14,530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My sims wont woohoo or try for baby please help I deleted my mods and still same thing happened and also they wont get into bed together!

Message 28 of 29 (14,393 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 29 of 29 (14,373 Views)