Re: No 'Try for Baby' option in Sims 4

by legendshonor

Original Post

★ Guide

I already said that I removed my mods folder.  And she's neither pregnant nor an elder; that was also stated.  To reiterate: She's a YA with 90+ days before turning into Adult. She and her husband did Woohoo when they were first married, but it has been over 30 game days since then (I had aging turned off), and definitely nothing since then.  There are two kittens in the household besides her and her husband, and since they are KITTENS, there is no pregnancy there either. 

I know that when this has happened before, at least for a couple of people it was bad CC.  Other situations the players never stated whether they got it resolved or not, so we don't know.  But I removed my mods folder, then resaved the game and tried again.  They are standing next to a double bed; when I click on the bed itself, I get the Woohoo option but not Try for Baby.

The game is behaving as though either neither one of them has the "can impregnate" flag, or neither one has the "can be impregnated" flag.  No idea why, since when I checked to see if either got inadvertently set to custom gender, both were set default.

I may try playing another random family in the game and see if I can get the option for them.  At least that will tell me if the problem is with those two Sims, or if it's within the game itself.

Message 11 of 29 (7,910 Views)

Hero
Have you tried clicking on the bed as well as on the Sims and also tried it appears for either when you click on the other ? So try: Active female: click on male and active male, click on female ?

Also did you try all the other woohoo spots ? Does it not appear anywhere ?

Bit unsure as you're saying they woohooed before but did they ever have try for baby ? Did you create the Sims or are either NPCs or downloaded Sims ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 29 (7,895 Views)

★ Guide

These were Sims I created in CAS, not downloaded.  I created them a long time ago, back when the demo was the only thing out, as I recall.

I've tried clicking the bed, and clicking each other.  I have not tried it with other things besides beds; that hadn't even occurred to me.  I did try clicking on each other, and I tried it from both Sims.  Now that I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing the Try for Baby option with them, but I wasn't ever really looking for it, either.

I've never tried Try for Baby before, because I wasn't interested in having kids around while they were doing all their JA adventures.  I'm not REALLY a family style player, tbh, I was just curious about how kids are dealt with in the game.  And I haven't had them do much woohoo since they got married, other than once in a rocket and once in a bush.  I listened for the lullaby sound each time and never got it.

I haven't had a chance to launch my game and test it with another family, but that's what I think I need to do.  At least it will tell me if the problem is a setting in my game, or if it's something that got set in one or both of those Sims.  Either way, I know it's something at my end, I just wish someone might have had some experience with it, so I could have a better idea where I should start looking to try to fix it.

Message 13 of 29 (7,877 Views)

Hero
I've seen this issue before but usually it was only either on only one Sim or it worked if you tried the bed so that it works nowhere is an indication that something else is off.

Let us know if it works in another family.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (7,867 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Hi Mai,

This was my solution. Would never even think this was a setting. Thanks
Message 15 of 29 (7,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

I only have 2 Sims in my home, no cheats or mods, and I double checked to make sure one could impregnate and the other can be pregnant. Everything is in order but I don't have option for try for baby. Only to whoohoo.

Message 16 of 29 (7,095 Views)

Hero
@AKCkittkitty2 Did you try on the bed as well as clicking on the Sims ? Are both at least young adult ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 29 (7,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes I have. And I don't have the option for try for baby. Yes there both of age. They aged to adults about a week ago..

Message 18 of 29 (7,075 Views)

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 29 (7,065 Views)

★ Novice

i know my sims isnt pregnant and there isnt 8 sims in the house. HELP!!!

Message 20 of 29 (7,041 Views)