Re: No 'Try for Baby' option in Sims 4

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No 'Try for Baby' option in Sims 4

★★★ Novice
I had made a family using cas in february. I opened my game yesterday and undated both Origin and the Sims. I moved the family i had created into Windenburg and had them get married. I now want to get them to have a baby but there is no option for it. i only get the WooHoo option.

I've tried moving the sims into a different world and house. I've resetted my sims using all possible ways, i've tried all of the different woohoo spots but nothing is working. I tweeted EA last night but they couldn't even help me.

Keep in mind:
-All relationship bars are max
-No cc or mods
Message 1 of 29 (165,775 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

EA app Team

Hi @heyyitscourtney2,

Is there any chance those sims have custom gender settings? Keep in mind that one of the sims needs to be able to become pregnant while the other needs to be able to get others pregnant for them to be able to try for a baby.

genderoptions.PNG

-Mai

View in thread

Message 4 of 29 (174,387 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Are you sure she is not already pregnant?

How many are there in the household? There is a max of 8 sims.

If either of the above is true there will not be an option to try for baby. The same holds true if there is another Sim that is pregnant and that will result in the total reaching 8. (Note that a sim can have triplets).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 29 (165,568 Views)

★★★ Novice
Right now there's only a Husband, wife and a toddler that i adopted. i am postitive she isn't pregnant.
Message 3 of 29 (165,562 Views)
Highlighted

EA app Team

Hi @heyyitscourtney2,

Is there any chance those sims have custom gender settings? Keep in mind that one of the sims needs to be able to become pregnant while the other needs to be able to get others pregnant for them to be able to try for a baby.

genderoptions.PNG

-Mai

Message 4 of 29 (174,388 Views)

★★ Novice

If it isn't one of the above fixes, maybe it's a custom content related action. This happened to me before and it was just a mod conflicting with the option. If you have mods, try emptying the folder and then seeing if your game works. Put it back in batches to determine which cc is broken. 

Message 5 of 29 (165,552 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you get the house from the gallery? I got a house from the gallery and it had cc but I do not own any cc or mods. Of course, as you would know this is making the game bug out a bit. I also don't have that option but the bed is cc. I know you said you don't have any cc but again I also don't own any cc as well but this still is happening to me. The sadly is the only thing I can think of but this is from April so it's probably already figured out.

Message 6 of 29 (164,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had this before except my sims can woohoo but when i click the try for a baby option, it gets declined! Keep in mind they can go in the room and both get into the bed because they can woohoo. Please can someone help me. Thanks.

Message 7 of 29 (156,678 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Have you reached the maximum members in a household (8)? this number includes Sims, Pets and any current pregnancies. Remember there is a chance to have triplets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 8 of 29 (156,665 Views)

★ Guide

I know this thread is a year old, but I've just encountered this.  I have a Sim couple that I've played for quite a long time, and they've been married almost that whole time.  When I look at all the romantic options, they have Woohoo available, but not Try for Baby.  I've removed all my mods, but I still see this.  The family has two kittens (not cats, kittens), so no pregnancies there, and no other members in their family.  They are both Young Adults, and both have 90+ days before aging to Adult.  (I had aging turned off before.  I turned it on figuring that might be the problem.)

I checked under custom gender (in Full Edit CAS), but both have the normal options selected.  Both relationship bars (romantic and friendship) have been maxed out for a very long time, so it isn't a relationship issue.

Does anyone know of anything else that could cause this, or that I can use to fix it?  I may end up using a mod to make her pregnant, but that isn't how I want to do it.

Thanks in advance for any advice that anyone can give.

Message 9 of 29 (154,593 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Please remove all Mods and CC then try again.

Apart from the above this also happens in two cases. If she is already pregnant or if she is an elder.

Message 10 of 29 (154,580 Views)