Re: No Sound on Sims 4

by Bria226

Original Post

No Sound on Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have sound with everything else on my computer and I can even hear the first sound the the SIms icon pops up on the game but I can't hear anything else while playing. I have updated my device, downloaded the latest directx software, I have played with the sound levels/ quality in the game, and I even changed my sound rate. The sound doesn't work with my speakers or headphones. I'm not sure what else to do, I don't want to play this game without sound Frown

Message 1 of 43 (54,693 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem. My bf is blaming ea
Message 2 of 43 (54,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too

Message 3 of 43 (54,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same problem and i just did an online chat with EA and the guy i was chatting with said that it had something to do with my sound card drivers.  so i went to device manager and opened up my sound card. clicked on the driver tab and in that tab i clicked on roll back driver.  now my Sims 4 is working with sound. 

I hope this works for you as well.

Message 4 of 43 (54,051 Views)

★★ Novice

I had this same problem! BUT I FIXED IT! What i did was restart my whole game, & computer! & unplugged my speakers & plugged them back in. It worked! So sorry this is happening to so many of us ._. Hope this helps! D: -Lexii <3 

Message 5 of 43 (54,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Here is your fix for The no Sound issue in Sims4 My Dad just fixed it for me.

Go to Your "Documents", Then Go to "Electronic Arts", Then Go to "The Sims 4", Then go to "Options" and delete the file, Next go to "config" and delete that, Lastly load up Sims 4 an your volume will work.  My Dad said your welcome

Message 6 of 43 (53,979 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Guys, the problem is not only that.
I can just hear the music but I can't hear the effects or voices for example and another sounds of the game.
So also counting the music become too low with over time playing.

Message 7 of 43 (53,964 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Well since you have the music from the game playing already try going into the game settings go to audio and make sure you have the sliders set properly then also make sure to uncheck the sounds while creating mode save and check the game again if that dosent work then try my fix it will work. My Dad worked at EA for 25 years now he's at Revision3. Its a common Sims issue my Dad tells me.

Message 8 of 43 (53,961 Views)

★★★★ Guide

But I already did that, is so simple.
I'm not dumb man... O.o

All sound is in maximum. I put it off and on, low and high, again and again, but still doesn't works.
I think all these issues are in the software and not in hardware! e_e

Anyway need to be fixed!

Message 9 of 43 (53,957 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Did you try my fix?

[Edited by EA_Mai: disrespectful comment]

Message 10 of 43 (53,954 Views)