Re: No Sims/pet noises (music /background audio is fine)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

@silver9899  When you tried a different sound output device, did you specifically try headphones or earbuds that plug directly into the computer?  If not, please do so now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 11 of 16 (277 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Yes, my headphones plug directly into the computer. Still no sounds.
Message 12 of 16 (223 Views)

@silver9899  Please post a new dxdiag, so I can see if anything relevant has changed since the last one.

Message 13 of 16 (217 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! Attached latest dxdiag.

Message 14 of 16 (185 Views)

@silver9899  Sorry for the late reply.  Please right-click the speaker icon, on the right side of the Taskbar, and let me know what options you see.  You can post a screenshot if it's easier.  If you see a menu that you can expand when hovering over it, for example it might say Spatial sound, hover over that and let me know what it says too, or include it in the screenshot.

Message 15 of 16 (158 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not at all! Thank you so much for being able to take the time with your suggestions. I'd be stumped otherwise!

So attached is 3 pictures. First is the options when I right click on the sound task bar menu. The second is when I select the sound "settings" and then I saw it had a reference to "spatial audio" and clicked on this, which gives two options "off" and "Windows Sonic for Headphones." It is currently "off". Perhaps this is the source of the problems?

Message 16 of 16 (143 Views)