Re: No Sims 4 Folder in Program Files(x86)

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Sims 4 Folder in Program Files(x86)

★★ Novice

I can find the Sims 4 folder in Documents/Electronic Arts just fine but when I try to find the rest of the game's files in Program Files(x86)/Origin Games, only my Sims 3 games show up. Is this because I downloaded the game electronically? 

Message 1 of 6 (28,102 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have a shortcut to the game on your desktop ? Do you maybe have an electronic arts folder ?

You can also check in Origin which folder is set to be the installation path.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (30,146 Views)

All Replies

Hero

If the game starts, you have that folder

Did you check the Origin_Games folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (28,076 Views)

★★ Novice

As I said, the Origin Games folder within Program Files (x86) (Program Files(x86)/Origin Games) only shows my Sims 3 games. Frown Unless you're talking about a different Origin Games folder with a separate location?

Message 3 of 6 (28,072 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have a shortcut to the game on your desktop ? Do you maybe have an electronic arts folder ?

You can also check in Origin which folder is set to be the installation path.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (30,147 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey, I resently just got an ASUS Windows computer. My old Lenovo computer had sims and origin, it was working perfectly. On my Lenovo, I never saw a sims or origin file. I'm not sure how to fix this. I went to my origin account and went to my games. Sims 4 is there but when I click download on sims 4, it says that -...\program files (x86)\origin games\the sims 4- then it gives me an option of "change location''

I'm not sure if for the change location I'm supposed to have a file . please tell me I really want to play sims 4.

Message 5 of 6 (26,476 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Lgeorgieva

Please post the exact error message.

Also post a DxDiag.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 6 (26,466 Views)