Re: No Matter What I do, My Mods Will not Work!

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Matter What I do, My Mods Will not Work!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have followed the instructions, I have redone it about four times now, I have mods and script mods enabled in sims 4, nothing works! I've done everything right and nothing is happening. Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Tora

Message 1 of 11 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@ToraTheDemigod

It was as I expected. You have failed to unpack them.

Move all files except Resource.cfg to another folder. Use WinRAR (which I can see you have installed) to open each file and extract the contents to the Mods folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 11 (829 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please post a screenshot of your mods folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 11 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Here.

Message 3 of 11 (736 Views)

Hero

@ToraTheDemigod @jpkarlsen

moved thread to the tech forum

Carry on

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (725 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ToraTheDemigod

It was as I expected. You have failed to unpack them.

Move all files except Resource.cfg to another folder. Use WinRAR (which I can see you have installed) to open each file and extract the contents to the Mods folder.

Message 5 of 11 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok so I tried that, and still nothing. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.... 

Message 6 of 11 (705 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They need to be in your Sims 4 mods folder. Normally located at Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

The Mod manager should NOT be installed to the Mods folder as it is not a mod but a tool to check for conflicts between mods.

Message 7 of 11 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

They are in the mods folder, I just renamed the sims 4 file so I could differentiate it from my backup game. I took out Mod manager. Still nothing.

Message 8 of 11 (676 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Your screenshot shows them in a folder on your Desktop. you need to copy them to the correct location as I wrote.

Message 9 of 11 (671 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, I think I have it now.  

Message 10 of 11 (669 Views)