No Load Game option!

by TeagW

Original Post

No Load Game option!

★ Novice

After playing the sims 4 on my Lenovo last night, I saved and exited the game as normal.

However today, after loading the game a message popped up. I think it mentioned something about the server or the quality of the game?

After that the load button dissappeard, along with every file in the 'saves' file.

I feel like I've tried everything, I cannot see another file saved in OneDrive or the Cloud, and have no idea where this has gone.

I really don't want to have to start another Household/game again.

Please someone help in simple terms as I am not tech savvy! 😫

Message 1 of 2 (180 Views)

Re: No Load Game option!

@TeagW  Please open a File Explorer window, click This PC, then your C drive, then Users > your username >  Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > saves, and let me know what's in that folder.  Then go back to Users\your username, open the OneDrive folder, and look for anything there.  Sometimes the files get copied to a local folder on your computer for syncing with OneDrive but don't actually make it to OneDrive's cloud storage.

If you don't find any save files, open a File Explorer window, click This PC, then search for "config" without quotes.  Any Sims 4 user data folder that's been used by the game will have exactly one config.log.  So you'll see the one from when you recently opened the game, and hopefully a second one in another folder that's not being used anymore for whatever reason.  All you'd need to do would be to copy your saves from that old location to the Sims 4 folder the game is currently using.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (145 Views)