Re: No Electronic Arts Folder?! Windows 8.1

by Elovs123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Electronic Arts Folder?! Windows 8.1

★★★ Novice

Ok, prepare for a long story. I have spent over 2 days installing and trying to find my Electronic Arts folder. I had an old computer with broken keys and got a new one in time. In August. I decided to finally install Sims 3. I currently have

-Base Game

-Diesel

-Generations

-High End Loft Stuff

-Island Paradise

-Late Night

-Seasons

-Showtime

-University Life

and

-World Adventures.

So basically. The game runs fine and smoothly, But I installed mods but they don't show up or verify that I have them in the game. So the folder is in the wrong spot. With Windows 8.1. I am patched up to 1.67 but there is no "electronic arts" folder AT ALL. I have spent 2 days looking all over online for where to find it. I have looked in 

Windows (CStandard smile>Origin Games>Sims3>Game>Bin
But nothing helpful. When I did find the docs for Sims 3. They were all out of folders in a sub doc with no name(just said documents) and I had to search for it. I figured why not name in Electronic arts and drop my mods folder there... None of the mods or CC i had showed up in the game. Which is making me grumpy because it seems as if nobody has this problem. The game runs fine. But no folders and it is all confusing. 

I found the scattered docs in 

OneDrive>Documents

Then I named one of the documents "Electronic Arts" and basically took out nothing related to Sims 3, and popped my mods in there.

There is nothing in:
-IGACache

-Installed

-Saves

-DCBackup

-SigsCache

-Installed Worlds

-Recorded Videos

-Downloads

-Exports

-Screen Shots

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically 3 folders have stuff in it which is

-Thumbnails

-Bridgeport.sims3

-Bridgeport.sims3.backup

And Mods, but I put that there.

.. I really need help and If you need more information on my problem I can help Standard smile
I am just tired of not having CC or mods :P

Message 1 of 13 (9,815 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

You can play, right ?

What you can try is this: Create a new save game and give it a very unique name like WhereIsMyFolder or something along these lines. Save that.

Then search your computer for that file name and the place where you find it, that's the folder the game uses.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (6,034 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you post a screenshot with the path to your docs folder and the content (might need more than one).

You should have two folders

One in Programs(x86)\Origin_Games\thesims3 --> This is all your installed files. Don't mess with those and just leave them as they are. There's no Electronic arts folder involved here if you have an Origin_Games one

Then there's one in documents which is all user files and this is where the mods folder belongs. You can't just create a mods folder though. It needs a file called resource.cfg. Please read up on that cause mods are not officially supported by EA and we can't really discuss them here

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (9,794 Views)

★★★ Novice

There were many documents realted to sims, but they are mostly empty and kinda scattered around. I do have resource.cfg. But it was already made before I dragged in a mods folder.(I think I remember it being there before) Is that normal? It wasn't put in a folder, and neither was ccmerged.

(How do I add a screenshot here, I am new to this website) 

Also there are many .package.sig folders. They also have tons of numbers. Maybe I can look at my old computer since it still works, for the format of the folders, but I don't know if that will mess up my game...

But I found this one folder called "OneDrive" there was two little document folders and one had most Sims realated things in it. (sorry for repeating) Standard smile

When I look up electronic arts in the search. I find other folders that I can not find anywhere, and tons of pictures that say thumbnail. I did see a folder called savedsims which I was trying to find, but I didn't want to mess around with it, because a few days ago when I had this problem I did mess with it and had to re-install my game...

If there is a Electronic Arts folder, would it be named Electronic arts?

I'll search again, I will put a picture, I don't know how to post it on here (if you can)

Thanks

Message 3 of 13 (9,792 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think I found it, I found a folder while searching and it was just called "Sims 3" So I clicked it and there where folders and there were all the folders I needed. I will do a test run for it with my CC.

Message 4 of 13 (9,791 Views)

Hero

If it doesn't work, to post pictures, you should have a little picture icon in the toolbar here. Just click on it and upload the picture to insert into the post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (9,789 Views)

★★★ Novice

It did not work, I think I am going to make another family, since when I got on after I got home, my current family got deleted. So I will just make a quick one and see if it helps.

Message 6 of 13 (9,787 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah it did not work... It doesn't show any of my packages or CC I tried to put in... This is seriously annoying.... Is it in the wrong folder?

Message 7 of 13 (9,781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I do not see a photo icon...

@crinrict wrote:

If it doesn't work, to post pictures, you should have a little picture icon in the toolbar here. Just click on it and upload the picture to insert into the post.

Message 8 of 13 (9,774 Views)

Hero

Could you please edit your posts when no one has answered. Just click on options on your last post and choose edit.

Could you post that pic for me. It does not sound normal at all.

Doc path should be like this: documents\electronicarts\thesims3\

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 13 (9,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think I am just going to give up. I spent my whole week off school trying to fix this. 

I guess 8.1 isn't really cut out for sims 3.... 

Thanks anyways.

Maybe I'll try again when I have more time on my hands...

There is no electronic arts folder, at all. Just sims 3 folders... Whatever.. :P

Message 10 of 13 (9,763 Views)