Re: No Download Button In Game Library

by JonaO703

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Download Button In Game Library

★★ Novice

Hey everyone. 

It's been a while since I've played the sims 4 and now I'm wanting to play it again. But when I went to go download the game there's no download option, only the option for "details" as shown in the the image. I've tried searching everywhere I can think of but can't seem to find anything. Can anybody help? It'd be much appreciated I think I might have had a similar issue before but I can't remember how I fixed it.

Message 1 of 6 (1,332 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@SSn00FF I found an old post (2015) with instructions for removing Origin completely.  There are several Origin folders and some are hidden.  You can type folder into your Windows search box and select "File Explorer Options" to get the control panel.  Then click the View tab and select Show hidden, files, folders and drives, apply and OK.  Then open a File Explorer and try deleting the Origin folders per the post, then reinstall from origin.com.

Re: How to restart origin - Answer HQ (ea.com)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (1,285 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Champion

Hello @SSn00FF !  When you click on the settings cogwheel, do you get any options?  If you see "Repair", try that first.  If you see "Uninstall" try that and then reinstall from Origin. 

If none of that works, you may need to uninstall and reinstall Origin.

Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 6 (1,301 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah I've tried that, even by deleting the directory itself from the program files. under the cog i just see remove from favorites, game properties, hide, and locate game but thats grayed out for some reason 

Message 3 of 6 (1,293 Views)

Champion

@SSn00FF I found an old post (2015) with instructions for removing Origin completely.  There are several Origin folders and some are hidden.  You can type folder into your Windows search box and select "File Explorer Options" to get the control panel.  Then click the View tab and select Show hidden, files, folders and drives, apply and OK.  Then open a File Explorer and try deleting the Origin folders per the post, then reinstall from origin.com.

Re: How to restart origin - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 6 (1,286 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked. Took a second to figure it out but I'm now re-downloading the sims 4 as we speek.

Thanks for the help really appreciate it Standard smile. Now i can break my game by trying to mod it Lol.

Message 5 of 6 (1,272 Views)

Champion

@SSn00FF Nice!  I'm glad that worked for you!  Have fun playing and breaking stuff Wink

Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 6 (1,269 Views)