Re: No Chinese Lunar Year stuff show in game after Feb 5th update

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Chinese Lunar Year stuff show in game after Feb 5th update

★★★★★ Novice

Hi, does anyone had update the Chinese Lunar Year new stuff today? I can't find any new furnitures or new clothes from the update except the 2 cooking recipes. I checked twice in building mode and use fix game option to correct the game, but still not working. I also checked my mods file, it's not in tray file or any wrong position. I do saw 3 people has same problem but can't figure out why. 

Really appreciate if someone can give a solution, the stone pig decoration is so cute.

Message 1 of 8 (936 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your advices, I try to update the Feb 5th package on my Windows system and it works I can find all new stuff. It's so strange I open my Mac system and check "pig" the stone pig magically showed up?!?! The only reason I can figure out is probably the jat lag. Anyway if anyone can't find the new stuff just wait few days, all the new decoration is at here.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (875 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @isabellagabriel 

don't think they're marked as new. Have you tried searching for 'Pig' to find the pig statuette for example ?

Here's a little overview what you're looking for: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/news/lunar-new-year-2019

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (900 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your suggestion, I did another check today, still no Chinese Lunar Year stuff in the game. I searched key word "pig" but nothing show up. So I checked all the stuff in Decoration part one by one but still didn't find them. I went to watch the Chinese Lunar Year video again when developers were building the house, I saw the position where the pig was and back to my game check again, still not there. I have to check twitter and found not only me, some players can't find those new stuff too.

Message 3 of 8 (887 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (881 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your advices, I try to update the Feb 5th package on my Windows system and it works I can find all new stuff. It's so strange I open my Mac system and check "pig" the stone pig magically showed up?!?! The only reason I can figure out is probably the jat lag. Anyway if anyone can't find the new stuff just wait few days, all the new decoration is at here.

Message 5 of 8 (876 Views)

Hero
Glad you found it :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (867 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you!!

I was busy CELEBRATING the Lunar New Year in real life with my family and didn't have time to see that there was a new update for My own holiday!
I was so worried that I wouldn't have the items available since it was a few days after Lunar New Year....

But after reading this forum I updated my game to the latest version and did a search for "pig" in the item search menu and found the new items all in my game, but they just weren't tagged as new.

Thanks for offering the solid advice, and putting my worries to rest. Now my sims celebrate the same holiday that I just did with my family.

새해복 많이 받으세요~!

Message 7 of 8 (853 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks to this thread I also found the items.

Message 8 of 8 (820 Views)