Re: No CC works for me:(, help please?

by Sarah3487

Original Post

No CC works for me:(, help please?

★ Novice

So, basically... I downloaded CC from TSR (the sims resource) and I will be candour about this as it could be the issue, but I don't believe it to be. This is the first time I'm ever using or well, trying to us CC in my game. I have been simming for like 3 years now, but never once dabbled in CC until now. 
   So, I downloaded the CC from TSR like previously mentioned. All CC comes as zipped to me, no matter what I choose everything is zipped. I downloaded unzipping systems such as winRAR first, which I followed through tutorials but of course specifying to my computers specs where necessary, when that failed (again through following tutorials steps) I went on to forums where it seemed like people were having my same issues, they got the advice to try another unzip system, 7zip, so I downloaded that, which actually seemed a whole bunch easier to use, so again back to TSR picking all sorts of different stuff nearly each time, as I did try a couple of the same stuff again I previously tried with the other unzip system, 7zip failed me too. Always constantly the same message, over and over again, as seen in the photo (above/below, i don't know where it lands). I also tried making sure the CC/mod thing on the sims 4 game itself is ticked aswell, which is was. 
Please, someone any help you can give me to get this sorted would be much appreciated. |: I don't know what to do anymore, I'm warn out trying and I'm so fed I can't get the cute hairstyles I desire. 
Thanks in advance to those who comment something to try and help, anything at all at this stage is welcome.

ps, my computer is fully up to date aswell. I'm using a windows computer. 

Message 1 of 8 (584 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You are trying to open a *.package file. Which your unzipping program of course can not do as it is not a compressed format. The *.package file goes in your Mods folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Sarah3487  

It sounds like you are very new to cc and mod using; when I started using it years ago now.. I always checked out various guides, as using it at all is a tricky thing ie: also needs checking for any broken and updated ones for each Sims 4 Patch for example.  Sims VIP post every update with a very good list that everyone contributes to (as in working or not etc..)

A very good guide is at carls-sims-4-guide[.]com[/]tutorials[/]mods-cc so search for that as a first step. and / or if you prefer a video tutorial, there are many on the topic at youtube.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 3 of 8 (555 Views)

★ Novice

But it had the photo thing of the stacked books from winrar hat meant it needed to unzip. All I did to get that to come up was click ''extract here'' and that happened?? not opening anythingFrown, I downloaded some earlier this morning and i didn't have a stack of books, that made it seem like it was the type to need it to be unzipped, so I put it in my mods folder straight away (This was after I deleted winrar and downloaded winzip) that these ones with the folded page corner appeared and so then I I put them straight into my mods folder and went on sims and my sims didn't recognise that anything was there, nothing happened, I didn't have the CC. I was working on this from I want to say 11pm ish last night my time of course, till like 4am ish this morning which when is when I finally lost my temper deleted all the CC I had downloaded because it didn't work anyway and also deleted the unzip file thing. I'm so fed up it didn't work, I don't know what to do with myself about it. Frown

Message 4 of 8 (542 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @Sarah3487 Like I said you need a guide to help you with installing cc and mods and I posted one for you, also youtube videos are good too..

This forum is about technical or game issues (not related to cc and mods). There is even a mods and cc section at the Sims Forum perhaps try there as well, if you don't want to watch a how-to youtube video etc.. as that forum is more relevant to what you need to know.

Happy Simming,

Sasha

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content

Message 5 of 8 (535 Views)

★ Novice
I'm unable to write on that, something about not having enough points, so I can't get the help I need, its so stupid Sasha, thanks for your stopping by though and taking the time to reply
Message 6 of 8 (526 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro
You can always add to a current thread instead of starting a new one. Also, Carls Guide at the prior link I gave you.. follow the directions there for adding mods and cc. Also has a comment section, but you just need to follow a tutorial.

Sasha
Message 7 of 8 (518 Views)

★ Novice
Oh yeah, see I did watch youtube videos and am more of a visual person honestly, but I'll try the Carl dude as a last resort and I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all the help Standard smile
Message 8 of 8 (513 Views)