Re: Newly downloaded mods won't load in game.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Newly downloaded mods won't load in game.

★★ Novice

I think I might have a somewhat unique problem. My computer was recently in the shop. We had to wipe it and I re-downloaded origins and Sims 4 just fine when I got it back and I was surprised that my save files, worlds and sims were there just like always, but not about to complain.

I thought I needed to re-download the mods I had, because how would mods I have on my computer save to sims? But they were there as well! Not saved in a folder in my computer, but still showing up when I play and in the home screen in the pop up that lets you know what mods you have installed and activated.

But now when I try to download new mods that I didn't have before....they won't show up. I have them properly saved in the Mods folder of Origin Games>The Sims 4. Extracted properly and all that. But still no new mods! I'm completely lost, any help would be much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Mods do NOT go in the game folder but in the user folder normally placed here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Since you already had mods before I'm a little surprised that you could not remember where they are supposed to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (357 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Mods do NOT go in the game folder but in the user folder normally placed here: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

Since you already had mods before I'm a little surprised that you could not remember where they are supposed to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (358 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Thanks so much for the help! Can't believe I was that dumb.... The new hard drive and everything being moved through me all off and there was already a folder labeled "MODS" in the Sims 4 folder ^^; Guess it's been longer than I thought since I last downloaded a new mod.
Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)