New world won’t load

by eilidh2004

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New world won’t load

★★★★ Novice

Installed cottage living. I have all packs bar the Star Wars one. Create a sims was fine. Tried to load sim into world. Nothing. As soon as you elect the world the screen goes white and nothing happens. Other worlds are fine. 

Message 1 of 8 (9,771 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New world won’t load

@eilidh2004  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  Please try a new save as well as your existing ones.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (9,768 Views)

All Replies

@eilidh2004  Please clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

and repair the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, move your entire Mods folder to the desktop, delete localthumbcache.package, and test.  Please try a new save as well as your existing ones.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (9,769 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you

Message 3 of 8 (9,757 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In case you're still having this issue - I was having this problem and removing TwistedMexi's TOOL mod fixed it for me.

Message 4 of 8 (9,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened with Tortosa and I was devastated, thank you for saving my legacy file!!

Message 5 of 8 (9,124 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried every single fix given here but This is the one that did it for me! Easy fix since I don't use tool as much but also reaching out to TwistedMexi to find a more permanent fix. Thanks!

Message 6 of 8 (7,292 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@bizuktag wrote:

In case you're still having this issue - I was having this problem and removing TwistedMexi's TOOL mod fixed it for me.

Just removed TOOL mod because I couldn’t get into Horse Ranch world. So this tip still works! Thanks! 

Message 7 of 8 (4,484 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread is a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent necro-posting. If you need further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead so we can take a look with you Standard smile 

solaire.png

Message 8 of 8 (4,323 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help