by lizardbiscuit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New update clothes don't appear for older households

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, City Living, Parenthood, Spa Day, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into an older household made before the most recent July update and look for the new clothes added.
What happens when the bug occurs? Clothes that should appear, such as the gold chain/bracelet, various pants/shirts, do not appear for older households made before the last update.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the updated CAS items to appear for all my sims, regardless of how old the household is.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. These errors occurred after the 2019 July patch.

I created a new household after the most recent patch and all the new items are available to them, however, every single household that I have in both of my save files do not have access to many of these new items. I've removed all of my mods and CC and the problem still occurs. Some of the new CAS items might even be from a couple patches ago but I didn't know about this problem until I started looking through all the stuff I've never seen before. I notably discovered this when I found chains were added and I wanted to put them on my rapper but found I didn't have access to them (as seen below). The clothes also aren't career-specific since I found them in a household that was brand new and had never worked in a career before.Screenshot (766).pngScreenshot (767).png

Message 1 of 11 (1,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New update clothes don't appear for older households

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So that sim probably had those items unlocked then. I know I made a household that ended up having scientist career stuff because I’d temporarily had him in the same household as a different sim with those things unlocked.

Edit: the gloves with the fingers are from the criminal career, everything else there is from the stylist career.

View in thread

Message 10 of 11 (1,694 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@lizardbiscuit Have no issues for the chain necklace to show up on m existing Sims. How did you enter CAS ?

Could you post pictures of everything you're missing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,761 Views)

★ Apprentice

I entered via "modify sim in cas", edit household in the households panel, plan outfit in the mirror, both with cas.fulleditmode and without.

Message 3 of 11 (1,749 Views)

Hero
@lizardbiscuit Did you repair your game yet?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,741 Views)

★★ Guide

Aren’t those two necklaces career unlocks for the stylist career?

Message 5 of 11 (1,727 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just repaired my game and nothing changed. I checked on what was totally missing and it looks like it's some head and body accessories that are missing for both men and women (a couple of necklaces, a bracelet, and some fingerless gloves). I did notice a yellow box around the pieces of jewelry, but there wasn't a pack logo attached to them.

Fecked Ep Sims Feh.png

Message 6 of 11 (1,725 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ValiantRedKnight Now that I'm looking through the items I'm "missing" I think they're all career unlocks, but how do I have access to all of these items if I've never played with the household before?
Message 7 of 11 (1,721 Views)

★★ Guide

Was one of the sims from the gallery or something?

Also I don’t recognize the second pair of gloves, where are those from?

Message 8 of 11 (1,706 Views)

★ Apprentice

One of the sims was from the gallery. Also, I don't know where the second pair of gloves came from.

Message 9 of 11 (1,701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

So that sim probably had those items unlocked then. I know I made a household that ended up having scientist career stuff because I’d temporarily had him in the same household as a different sim with those things unlocked.

Edit: the gloves with the fingers are from the criminal career, everything else there is from the stylist career.

Message 10 of 11 (1,695 Views)