New saves are gone

by twentymonkeys

Original Post

New saves are gone

★★★ Newbie

I recently bought a new laptop and had to create a new game. Put a lot of time into it, then recently went to load my save and it has transferred my saves from my old laptop to my new laptop and my new save is gone. How do I get my newer saved game back?

Message 1 of 3 (167 Views)

Re: New saves are gone

Champion (Retired)

@twentymonkeys 

The Sims 4 do not use cloud saves so can not by itself transfer old saves to the new laptop. So you should talk with the one that transferred the saves but my guess is that the new save was overwritten and can not be restored.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (149 Views)

Re: New saves are gone

★★ Pro

Hi @twentymonkeys Not sure if this may help sort through your saves folder, if you are new to the idea, it is based on time and dates.. Click to view below, as it may help if they are at all salvageable.

Spoiler

If you're missing Saved Games there's a good guide at Carls Sims 4 Guide also, you can go back to an earlier save, if you need to know how go to Carls Sims 4 Guide for directions on doing that and salvage from an earlier time before the problem occurred.

Hope it helps, all the best. 

Message 3 of 3 (128 Views)