Re: New random clothes now gone?

by IsabellaHamilton

Original Post

New random clothes now gone?

★★ Novice

Hello. I'm incredibly confused. Next to the original game I only have City living and one or two stuff packs. Suddenly, my sims got these extra clothes and some accessories that weren't available to me before, such as these trousers with gems on them for women, and this shiny jacket for men. They were only available to this particular family, and I don't understand where they came from. The specific new clothing items had an orange border around them. Now to the great issue: Suddenly they're gone! The outfits my character had saved still display them, but I can't find or select them anywhere. What is this? I can't find any information about it anywhere and obviously I really liked the new items that are now gone... Grateful for any explanation and/or help. 

Message 1 of 6 (497 Views)

@IsabellaHamilton do you maybe have a screenshot you can share of the item in question?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (489 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@IsabellaHamilton

Probably, these were the clothes that are unlocked only at a certain stage of the sim career. The game used these clothes for a while thanks to some error, but then the error was gone and the clothes too.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 6 (480 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, I hope this image-sharing site does what it's supposed to.

https://imggmi.com/full/2019/3/22/98d3d8f098cfe61a3c5f45b024f0f5b4-full.jpg.html

Do you recognize these items? ._.

Message 4 of 6 (468 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@IsabellaHamilton

I can only identify male pants here. They are definitely from the base game. Only there in CAS the on the first picture it is red trousers. That is why I am sure that what you have shown must be a part of workers' clothes unblocked on a certain degree of career and only then they show up in CAS. It is difficult to guess from what career these outfits came. Journalist? Mixologist?
Message 5 of 6 (451 Views)

★★ Novice

Holy *, you guys were right. I figured it out. I just created another household and cheated a character's career level as a style influencer to max and the items appeared. Thank you all very much, now I get it!!

Message 6 of 6 (447 Views)