Re: New patch issues

by zohevitnell

Original Post

New patch issues

★★ Novice

ok so first off, i hate it

my build mode is bugged, i cant get out of it, it wont let me select anything when i try to get out

selecting things hardly brings up the options

whims are stuck(the left notification thing on what your sim is doing or going to do, never updates itself on what sims are doing, whims wont go away after they're done)

and it's generally quite laggy

i've read that you cant actually go back to previous patches? is this true? if not please tell me how to go back, i just want my game to work and look simple again..

Message 1 of 5 (354 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@zohevitnell

1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Delete localthumbcache.package file in the game. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name - important!
3. Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
You can do the same with CC but I don't think that CC is responsible for this error. ( If you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 5 (346 Views)

★★ Novice

um??? i dont think any of that would help?

i already did the repair game and that did nothing, and all my mods are fine, it's just the stupid patch

i'm sure i used to be on version 1.52/51

Message 3 of 5 (338 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@zohevitnell

It will only take you 10 minutes to move the mods folder to your desktop, delete this file and folders and checking how the game works now.
Recent patches have broken a lot of mods and I'm sure some of your mods have been broken too. Reports like yours have been reported here many times and it turned out every time that the guilty of this issue was broken, outdated mod after the last patch.

After each update, most scripts mods and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. Checking what broke down this time after the patch, and replacing these broken ones by a new updated version or deleting these is the price the player pays for using CC and mods

Message 4 of 5 (334 Views)

★★ Novice

oh

yikes ok, i'll try then

Message 5 of 5 (294 Views)