Re: New laptop heats up when playing Sims 4

by roberta591

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New laptop heats up when playing Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone!

So I recently bought a brand new laptop - a Dell XPS 15 9560. These are the specs:

7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor
16GB, 2400MHz, DDR4
512GB PCIe Solid State Drive
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 graphics card

To my understanding with these specs the laptop should be more than capable of running the Sims 4, which is why I paid quite a bit of money for it. However, when I play the game my laptop heats up a lot (so far I've seen it heat up to 60+ degrees Celsius) and the fan noise is insane. The game itself runs quite smoothly, I could probably play it on high settings if I wasn't so scared of ruining my new laptop. I've already changed the graphics card settings so that the Sims 4 is actually using the dedicated graphics card and not the integrated one, but that didn't change anything. Obviously since it's a new laptop, dust or anything isn't the problem either. I also already use a laptop cooler. I have no idea what to do, could you guys help me out?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2 (1,115 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

@chloewouters  A laptop temperature under 80-85 C while gaming is pretty normal. Many laptops become lapburners when gaming. Over 90 C is time to worry and 100 C the computer will probably start throttling the cpu to reduce heat and prevent damage.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,270 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@chloewouters  A laptop temperature under 80-85 C while gaming is pretty normal. Many laptops become lapburners when gaming. Over 90 C is time to worry and 100 C the computer will probably start throttling the cpu to reduce heat and prevent damage.

Message 2 of 2 (1,271 Views)