Re: New laptop/computer

by WallFlower26

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict I think I’ll go for what you initially suggested. Can I download everything Sims 4 even though my laptops rubbish for when I do get a good laptop?

Message 21 of 25 (272 Views)

@WallFlower26  If you're talking about downloading the base game and packs, there's no reason you need to do that before you get the new laptop.  All the content you own belongs to your Origin account, not a particular computer, so you could download it as many times as you wanted.  If you're looking to take advantage of the current sale, there's no reason you have to install anything right now, either.  (There is a way to download on one system and transfer to another before installing, but it involves going into Origin's download cache and copying over a large amount of data, and it seems like more work than is necessary.)

If you'd like to transfer your saves and builds, that's easy.  The content is stored inside Saves and Tray, respectively, in your TS4 game folder in Documents.  Once you've installed the game on your new computer, you can delete the blank Saves and Tray folders in your new game folder and then copy over the old ones.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 25 (260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddict Sorry I don't understand.

I want to take advantage of the sale.

Just want to say thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.

Message 23 of 25 (243 Views)

@WallFlower26  You can buy the Sims 4 packs you want now, during the sale, but you don't have to download them yet.  Once you buy them, they're permanently in your Origin library, and you can install them later, after you get the new computer.  What I was saying is, there's no need to download them to your old laptop and then transfer the files.  You can download and install the game on as many computers as you want, whenever you want.

If that's not what you're asking, then please clarify, because I guess I'm misunderstanding.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 24 of 25 (223 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictAh ok, I get it now. No that is what I'm asking about. Thank you.

Message 25 of 25 (217 Views)