New interior design gameplay pack not showing up

by Lailantie

Original Post

Accepted Solution

New interior design gameplay pack not showing up

★★★★★ Apprentice

I bought the pack on steam, received an invoice and all was good. Steam didn't install it. Maybe because I set my uploads to 3 am as deactivating automatic uploads wasn't working for the games I deactivated.

Anyway I started Origin, and in Origin the gameplay pack immediately uploaded. I started the game and there was no window telling me I got a new pack. I got advertisements about the pack which wanted me to buy it. I started the game, went into CAS and chose the filter. The new pack was not anywhere to be found.

I restarted my computer and repaired the game. 9 files were broken. They were fetched and installed. I restarted the game. No interior design gameplay pack.

I checked the list of my games in steam. All expansions and gameplay packs of the Sims 4 are there, but not the Interior design.

Please can I get any advice how to proceed?

Thank you all.

Message 1 of 4 (538 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: New interior design gameplay pack not showing up

★★★★★ Apprentice

So for everyone who is having this issue. It was a mod by Zerbu, not updated yet, which makes vacation worlds residential. This mod made the new gamepack not show up in the game. There's another mod named UI cheats. This one, in a not updated state, lets you choose the decorator job but you can't take any gigs. The work panel just shows that you have a day off. Removing both mods had the gameplay pack show up and made it playable.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (440 Views)

All Replies

@Lailantie  Is the new pack listed in Steam, but Steam is asking you to buy it again; or is it not listed in Steam at all?  If the former, you'll need to get in touch with Steam support to check on the status of your purchase.  If the latter, please take a screenshot of where the pack should be listed and attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello @puzzlezaddict it is strange. The gamepack showed in the steam store. I bought it there. I have an email with a confirmation of my purchase.

However, when I go to my steam profile and see the list of my games, all sims 4 expansions, gameplay etc. packs show up, but not the interior design pack.

So it sounds like I should contact steam support. Will do that, thank you.

Message 3 of 4 (499 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So for everyone who is having this issue. It was a mod by Zerbu, not updated yet, which makes vacation worlds residential. This mod made the new gamepack not show up in the game. There's another mod named UI cheats. This one, in a not updated state, lets you choose the decorator job but you can't take any gigs. The work panel just shows that you have a day off. Removing both mods had the gameplay pack show up and made it playable.

Message 4 of 4 (441 Views)