Re: New game help

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

New game help

★★★★ Novice

So im trying to make a new game, i want to have a fresh start in Island paradiso or whatever its called. However everytime i press new game and click the thing it just takes me into the neighborhood with all my sims already there. i want a fresh map is the only way to do that to removed all my saved games?

Message 1 of 6 (490 Views)

@onica432  That's really strange.  Just to be clear, you select "New Game," pick the world you want to play from the dropdown menu, click the check mark, and then the game loads an existing save?  And you're loading one of your families, not the overhead map where you can choose a household or move one in?

Yes, there's an easy way around this.  Drag your entire TS3 game folder—the one in Documents—onto your desktop.  All your saves will be in here.  When you load the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  (Keep in mind that you'll have to reset your graphics options, or you could copy your options.ini file over from your old folder.)  You'll then be able to start a game from the Main Menu.  When you want to go back to an existing save, just move it from the Saves folder in your old game folder into Saves in your new one.

The other thing that should be said is that the world of Isla Paradiso is so poorly made that it's almost unplayable.  No matter how good your system, the game engine will struggle and ultimately be unable to handle running the unedited world.  But a player named ciane fixed up the world and has offered her work for download.  You can simply add her version of IP to your existing saves folder, or you can fix it up yourself—ciane has also listed all of the necessary edits to make the world functional.  Otherwise, your save will likely glitch out before you've had a chance to enjoy it.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/811253/removing-ip-lag/p1

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (485 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yes, i click new game pick the world, and it loads the overhead map of that world that exists in a previous save. all my sims are already hanging out in the houses i made for them in their own save file.  and the neighbor hood is so full i really have no room for anyone new.  

so i should copy the ts3 files elsewhere and load it up empty? then theres no way of  having a new empty world and my saves?

alright ill use that.

Message 3 of 6 (479 Views)

@onica432  All EA-made worlds will have sims already living in them, but a new save will start from the beginning.  So if you've played, for example, Sunset Valley for a few sim-weeks, and kids like Bella Bachelor and Mortimer Goth have aged up from child to teen, or even to adult, in your new save they'll be children again.  The new game is just loading a fresh, unaltered copy of the world, the same as the first time you played it.  You can have as many versions of a given world as you want—just make sure to name them in such a way that lets you distinguish among them.

If you want to create a blank world, you can load a new save and then evict all the residents in Edit Town, without replacing them in new houses.  They'll still be around for a bit but should wander out of your save sooner or later.  The game will try to move new sims into town, especially if the population is low, but you can evict them as well.  Whatever you do, don't object-delete any sims, as that will inevitably lead to corruption in your game.

Message 4 of 6 (468 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Im not talking about premade sims. i mean that on one file i created families and filled up neighborhoods. i tried to make a new game but the new game simply opened that map with all those charecters and houses in it. not a fresh version of it with the premade sims.

Message 5 of 6 (420 Views)
Highlighted

@onica432  Then the easiest way to solve the issue is by pulling your existing TS3 game folder out of Documents and launching the game again to spawn a new one.  Then you'll be able to start a new game without interference from your existing saves or saved sims.  You can always transfer this content into the new folder when you're done.

If you don't want to have to redownload store or custom content, you can transfer your .ebc and .dbc files, respectively, from the old DCCache folder to the new one, along with ccmerged.package from DCBackup (this file is necessary for your store premium content to work).

Message 6 of 6 (415 Views)